The Wire - Low Power Ultra High Perfromance (LPUHP) 16W Power Amplifier - Page 51 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th August 2012, 01:28 AM   #501
diyAudio Member

Ok, I'll stick with the 12's for now.
Old 13th August 2012, 10:47 AM   #502
diyAudio Member

I now have the amps all together and connected to my highest sensitivity speakers for testing.

Click the image to open in full size.

I forgot how beautiful these speakers sound These little amps have no problems bringing the EVs up to decent levels.

I'm not the best at describing equipment but so far I can not fault these amps.

Time to sit back, have a glass of beer and listen to some good music

Thanks OPC for making the amps available! I am very happy with my pair.

Cheers,

Jake
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP8317.jpg (523.2 KB, 1586 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP8319.jpg (438.5 KB, 902 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP8321.jpg (164.8 KB, 901 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP8320.jpg (465.6 KB, 882 views)
Old 13th August 2012, 01:14 PM   #503
diyAudio Member

Question How, when, where?

@Jacobthellamer, Looking very smart

@opc, Owen how/where can I keep upto date on the commercial offering of this amp?

Last edited by BuildMeSomething; 13th August 2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 28th August 2012, 12:32 PM   #504
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildMeSomething View Post

@opc, Owen how/where can I keep upto date on the commercial offering of this amp?
Same question... need to work out if I continue to wait, or start looking for something else.

They look ideal for my tweeters but need to settle on a direction soon. Even a rough ETA would suffice.
Old 4th September 2012, 07:53 PM   #505
...truth seeker...
diyAudio Member

What size fuses are recommended for use with 2 channels of this amp?
Old 1st October 2012, 05:53 AM   #506
diyAudio Member

qusp and anyone who has built these up with the SumR tx from the GB, did you use an M5 bolt for mounting the transformer? I have some M5 bolts here but the thread will dig into the pcb hole for the mounting bolt.

I seem to remember that qusp said this is exactly what he did but my memory is a bit hazy right now.
Old 8th January 2013, 05:32 AM   #507
diyAudio Member

Fellow lpuhp'ers did anyone end up using a heatsink other than the one on the BOM after all? I know Ed was looking into some aluminium bars for his at one point?

I've got a few bits of alu cut up and just in the sand/polish stage at the moment before bolting them all together. I hope in a week or so I'll have them in a state that I would be comfortable sharing photos of

I've been held up by a long string of excuses, the amps have been built and tested for months and I am now just dragging along with enclosure stuff and having to postpone building the speakers that these were going to power has taken some of the motivation away for me. It would be good to fire this thread up again though!
Old 14th January 2013, 03:27 PM   #508
pos is offline pos  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildMeSomething View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Screamer View Post
Same question... need to work out if I continue to wait, or start looking for something else.

They look ideal for my tweeters but need to settle on a direction soon. Even a rough ETA would suffice.
Same question again here...

An assembled version like the hypex modules (but with the powersupply included) with no box or external connectors would be great!

Or do I *really* need to buy another pair of nc400 modules just to power my 107db/1w/1m supertweeters above 10kHz?
Old 14th January 2013, 05:28 PM   #509
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hochopeper View Post
I've been held up by a long string of excuses, the amps have been built and tested for months and I am now just dragging along with enclosure stuff and having to postpone building the speakers that these were going to power has taken some of the motivation away for me. It would be good to fire this thread up again though!
I haven't built mine yet, and don't even have any good excuses

I still need to get my transformers, will order this week, and hopefully finally start to assemble next week.

I would normally install the SM parts first, but for this build I plan to build and check out the PS section first, and then will build up the rest of the amp.

Current plans (always subject to change) are to used this as part of a fully balanced system for headphones.

Cans include K1000's (so I really do need the power, at least some of it) and maybe in the future a set of hifiman orthos.

Randy
Old 14th January 2013, 05:57 PM   #510
diyAudio Member

Are they any lazy people who didn't get round to assembling their boards? I'm looking for another 4 channels. Come on - you know that you'll never get round to it!
Pm me please.

Hide this!Advertise here!