Sunfire Grand Theater Processor II

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I’m looking for a service manual for a Sunfire Grand Theater Processor II. I called Sunfire and was told that they do not have a manual nor if they had one I was still not able to obtain one through Sunfire. There reply was “we do NOT give out manuals to no one” I was given the number for Carver and told “good luck”. Great support, even if it is a legacy product I would expect a little more courtesy. I have yet to receive a call or email from Carver but it seems unlikely I will be able to see anything from them. Has anyone a copy of the manual or service information for this product? I’m not looking forward to telling the customer his unit he paid 3k for years ago is now a door stop.

Theater Grand Processor IV - schematic wanted

are there any news?
I am needing schematics of follow PCB's:
1) 704-096-00 Rev G - aditional sticker with "RevG12" (mother board)
2) 704-138-00 Rev A (DSP board)
3) 704-103-00 Rev A (Sub board)
thank you very much for calling a delivering source (download area) as PDF or for upload.
I observe follow issue:
at right front and effect channel output there is an offset of 700mVDC. Unfortunately very low quality electrolytics are in use - OTOH I don't like to replace all devices behind the PGA's.
The visual look shows a bloated electrolytic (1000uF/16V) glued at one of the heatsinks on PCB - outline of those electrolytic looks like that one from first image of this URL:
http://www.irebuildmarantz.com/caps.html

Last edited:
You will NOT find any schematics for the processor. Replace all the penny lytic's caps with good quality Elna or Nichicon. There are also two ceramic caps's, .01uf or so in the power supply section that will always fail at some time. Replace them with a quality MPK1/2 PP film. The one thing I must caution you rework on the board is NOT for the unskilled. I have seen more than one of these damaged to the point that rework by a board repair house is the only option to replace pads and plated through barrels.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.