Sears RE-1205 AM/FM resever

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all, I have gotten a old sears RE-1205 AM/FM resever for a Christmas present. 2 ceramic disk caps on the bored are blown and I cant find out what values are on the cap. the only markings are KCK 403 and nothing more. I have searched high and low for schematics to this amp and cant find any. Do any of you have a schematic for this amp?

model no: RE-1205
chassis no:C995-40715
CSA file no:LL 36709

Replaced the cap and im still not getting any audio from one channel(that was the original issue). Evrything in the amp tests, and physicly looks fine. The thing im looking at now is the pots on the front. All of them have issues, thay adjust themselfs, are vary staticy when you move them and so on. the volume control is the main one im looking at since it has the most issues. What Im thinking is that the part of the pot that controls the volume for the channel thats not working is eather heavily corroded or damaged. This has happened to me before on a number of old radios. Going to try spraying it out with deOXIT or replacing the pot, wish me luck!.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.