Musical fidelity A100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
not sure where to put this, so apologies if its in the wrong place but I'm posting on the off chance someone has canaballized one for spares and has parts these left over.

I need a volume control know for a Musical Fidelity A100 or other A series amp. I think they are all the same but I think I read somewhere maybe the volume control is a friction fit where as the source seletion knob is held on with a grub screw. But either will be better than nothing.

Or If anyone know of another source (tried MF of course) I'm willing to pay (a bit) for it of course.

I have a couple of small issues - maybe someone with more experience of it can advise

1. The fan is often a bit rattly whenever I switch it off over night. (Its fine when turning it on, and not overly noisy once switched on.) Saw another post here specifying the FAN type (PAPST TYP 917 TR 12v 50-60 Hz) but not the replacement.

2. The gain seems to be set guite high as I can turn the volume down low enough for late night CD listening. I've tried both Royd Minstrels and AE Aegis Neo 3 speakers with it.

3. Also, when I do turn it right down to zero , the balance cant be quite right as the Right channel is still audible, but the left is not.

I know I can get some in-line attentuation plugs but are these the answer?

I have a A100 in need of an input switch, can anyone help out with a part number and a source? Can it be rebuilt or is a NOS/alternative the only way to go. I saw a site on the web that discusses a Farnell replacement part that with modification can fit but omits a part number.
The original was damaged in a shipping incident. It looks like the box took a hit and the shaft had pushed its way through the blue housing.
I have contacted MF in the UK but have not yet heard back.

The unit is in nice shape and I would like to restore it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.