looking for class AB amplifier schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
180W into 4r0 is equivalent to 38Vpk and 9.5Apk.
To drive a 4ohm speaker expect current demand to be as high as 28Apk.
If you go to 2ohm speakers then the current demand could go to 56Apk.

That is a mighty specification for a 13.8Vdc powered PSU.

Are you sure you know what you need and what you are taking on?

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
My main interest in audio is hi end automotive based audio, I have been using discrete circuits before I entered univ. These new chip based amps are excellent for this use, I feel and Im going to start experimenting heavily on these, simply because they are so simple and reliable. You have to keep in mind as primary, high temperature in cars and here you need reliability and good protection circuits or you could wind up with a fire consuming your car. Besides these amps Id think you could go for one of the higher power DX amps shown here or the Self based circuit shown by Ostripper, A Class AB Amp for diyAudio. Keep to amps that have better low frequency reproduction as car speakers have defiency here and reason why many use subs. Make sure that the output can handle 2 Ohm loads as most car speakers are 4 and these will certainly dip below so youll be looking at adding extra 2 pairs of output devices at least to be safe and in the light of the temperatures.

Those Odysseys 2150 is just what you need, I have three kinetiks in one of my cars but Im running more amps at much higher power figures. Good luck with your builds, its really rewarding putting such a system working especially when you DIY the whole lot. The feeling was like having s_x, the first time I turned the volume knob on my first DIY build about 20 years back.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.