I just killed my amp - please help me!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I was just making an attempt to measure the bias of my amp:rolleyes: , and by accident short-circuited the right-channel
output with VCC+ ( 32,6V).
Now, you might think it's his own fault or what an amateur, but maybe you could have a look at the atteched schematic and give me some advice which parts probably are broken (I have marked the point in the schematic).

I would be very glad if someone could help me!

schnitti

Attachments

• schematic2_web.jpg
    schematic2_web.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 363
Hi ACD,

yes, the fuse blew too, but I think that's not the only part which has to be replaced. I guess that the output transistors are broken too (2SB1383 / 2SD2083). I attached a bigger detail of the schematic (only left channel), maybe you could have a look.

Thanks,
schnitti

Attachments

• schematic1.jpg
    schematic1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 183
First after having short-circuited the amp, it was in a "safe mode". I turned it of (main switch), waited a few minutes and then turned it on again. In the same moment the main fuse blew. So I'm a little bit helpness at the moment. By the way it's a small integrated amp from Denon (PMA-201SA).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.