KSA 250 HELP!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all... I'm new to the forum and I am hoping for a miracle.

I have a KSA 250 which has a channel down. Does anybody know where I should start? I know it's getting old but it means a great deal to me. It belonged to my Father who passed away in 2006. We spent many an evening enjoying this amp and I need to make it better. I have the tools to test but honestly don't even know where to start.

Hi all... I'm new to the forum and I am hoping for a miracle.

I have a KSA 250 which has a channel down. Does anybody know where I should start? I know it's getting old but it means a great deal to me. It belonged to my Father who passed away in 2006. We spent many an evening enjoying this amp and I need to make it better. I have the tools to test but honestly don't even know where to start.

you have schematic, can you up to here and everybody can help you

well first off. I seriously doubt he has a schematic as far as i know, outside of krell one doesn't exist!

2nd, this is a VERY complicated amplifier. and if you want to repair it correctly, you should just bite the bullet and send it in to Krell. it won't be cheap but it will be done right.

Krell will NOT send you a schematic or parts!

Krell has stock of matched transistors. and when there is 64 per channel(if i remember correctly) that IS a big deal! they also have the service information to check and set bias etc.

While I am all for DIY, there are a few things where MPO is to just send it in. and some of these big amps qualify as such!

at this age, the electrolytic caps are probably shot and should be replaced. Do you see any burnt parts inside?

Zc

I would also suggest you send it back to krell You don't need the schematics to repair , just a lot of working knowledge with this amp. When you send it back to krell , be prepared , it is going to be expensive, shipping alone will be approximately 300-400 dollers to and fro, plus what ever Krell charges for the repairs .

You might be able to find someone locally , competent enuff to repair the amplifier, since you have one working channel , check around....

Regards,

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.