Hello! a few questions on the JLH 1969

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I've bought a jlh 1969 kit from e bay
2pcs JLH 1969 A CLASS A amplifier kit sc | eBay

I've built a few class d amps from 41Hz Audio - Main page which are quite nice, but can become a little tiring to listen too after a while. I hope that a super simple class a will take some of the edge off.

If I may, I'd like to ask a few questions?
1. would I be better off changing any of the kit component before I start? ie caps, resistors etc. (i dont want to change the output transistors, not yet anyway)

2. I need to set Iq, which I can do with an ammeter in series with the + rail input yes? A value of about 1a seems common.

3. I have a 2x18v 300va torroid, will this be enough to power both amps? I am thinking it will be close but should be ok.

4. I am confused as to what needs to be grounded to the case? Do I ground - signal input, - power out, are the transistors needing to be grounded?

Thanks in advance for any help given on the subject :)

matt

The transformer is AC18V. Only need a group.

Through the rectifier filtering into DC24V-0.

The transistor need to unscrew connected in PCB above. Because of the transistor iron shell is the collector.

Through to unscrew conduction.

But pay attention to the transistor's shell. Can't the heat conduction. This must be a test of security.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.