Jeff Rowland Coherence One Schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your morality lessons. :worship:

But, this schematic is from a very old preamp (Not for sale now), and I need this schematic for restore it (original, of course).

And now:

What you say here?:

It's theft if you then use it to make your own, which I presume is what you want it for.

I presume that you can imagine what is my opinion about you.. :D

Thanks again :worship:

Last edited:
It wasn't meant to be a morality lesson, just a statement of the law. Even in Spain you have laws.

It doesn't matter how old the design is or for what purpose you want the schematic. The schematic and service manual for the Coherence 1 will be copyrighted by Jeff Rowland. If you look at it you will see a small letter c inside a circle to indicate this. Any copying or transfer of the schematic or service manual without the express permission of the copyright holder is a criminal offence.

The only legal way is to ask Jeff Rowland for it. Why don't you do that?

Last edited:
It wasn't meant to be a morality lesson, just a statement of the law. Even in Spain you have laws.

It doesn't matter how old the design is or for what purpose you want the schematic. The schematic and service manual for the Coherence 1 will be copyrighted by Jeff Rowland. If you look at it you will see a small letter c inside a circle to indicate this. Any copying or transfer of the schematic or service manual without the express permission of the copyright holder is a criminal offence.

The only legal way is to ask Jeff Rowland for it. Why don't you do that?

Hi Gopher,

Oh! thanks again :worship: very clever reply, I'm very impressed with your wis :D very important C letter :D I love the C letters :D

My country have a popular sentence that says:: The thief think that all the people are thieves :smash:

Gopher, ¿have you the schematic?

Thanks again :wave2:

In other hand ¿anybody have the schematic?, I need to know the supply voltage and the XLR7 pinout

Last edited:
doesn't matter how old the design

The Coherence One is closing in on 30 years, a patent would have expired.
The copyright only applies to the original drawing, not the schematic itself.
Neither of the two gents asked for an original drawing of the schematic, or the original service manual.

Problem is that JRDG is one of those companies that favored to drown their circuits in epoxy, and keep service goodies hush-hush.

jacco

I'm talking about copyright of documents, not patents. Oh, and I'm afraid you're wrong about originals. If someone photocopies or draws a circuit diagram from the original schematic or service manual and distributes it - that's also a breach of copyright law. The copyright does not only apply to the original. Do you think the law is so stupid that it would allow the copyright law to be bypassed so easily?

Tell you what, let's test the issue. Someone post a copy of the schematic for the Coherence 1 and see what happens. I mean, for all you know Jeff Rowland's lawyers may visit this very forum just looking for things like this.

Last edited:
ramallo

"My country have a popular sentence that says:: The thief think that all the people are thieves"

That's about the clarity of thought I'd expect from the Spanish. Maybe it loses something in translation but it seems rather a rather meaningless and pointless saying to me.

Why on earth would a thief think that everyone else is also a thief? It doesn't make any sense. Do you see what I mean ramallo?

Last edited:
MiiB

Please try to READ my post before replying. It's not patents, it's copyrighted documents (such as schematic diagrams in sevice manuals) that we're talking about. Document copyright doesn't ever expire.

You can make one copy of copyrighted documents for personal use (but not distribution) if you get the permission of the holder of the copyright first. If you copy part of a book in a library that permission is implied but technically speaking you are still breaking the law and could be prosecuted and sued.

The fact that seldom happens is because it's difficult for the copyright holder to detect the offence in the first place and also because it's financially not worth their while persuing the individual in court. If the schematic is posted here it's much easier to detect who did it and, depending on whether the copyright holder feels he has incurred a financial loss as a result, legal action may follow..

Last edited:
Copyright is valid till 70 years after the death of the creator, sometimes can be extended.
It's been 20 odd years ago when i had patent and copyright classes/exams, last i heard copyright has been broadened to areas such as IP on web pages, but a schematic can not be copyrighted, just the drawing itself.
And as patent law, copyright law varies from place to place.

Jacco

Maybe my words are not exact enough here. By schematic diagram I mean the actual circuit diagram itself.

Service manuals always contain the circuit diagram and PCB overlays. They are copyrighted, as is the rest of the service manual. If you copy them or re-draw them and post them here, that is breaking the copyright law.

Surely you're not denying that?

ramallo
That's about the clarity of thought I'd expect from the Spanish...

What an incredibly offensive thing to say.

ramallo
Why on earth would a thief think that everyone else is also a thief? It doesn't make any sense.

It makes a great deal of sense. What does it say about your character when you see in others only an illegal intent?

Jacques

Well if what they are doing is illegal then it is illegal, intent or not. The law does not recognise a lack of knowledge of the law as justification for breaking it.

If that saying makes a great deal of sense to you please share your wisdom with us all instead of turning it into a personal attack of the type you criticised me for making myself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.