Wanted-Circuit Diagram for Pioneer A400

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Originally posted by ktigerb Hi Guys
Seems we have a reasonable following re:- A400.
Would like to hear some comments of existing owners /users on their listening experiences using the above.
cheers:)
We sure do have a following for the 'ever green' A400 :)
HFC forum also carry many posts from A400 fans.

It is a pity that hif-fi press ignore components that are no longer made.
A rare exception is the Pioneer A400 amplifier.

It was placed at number 6 in 25 Best Ever Hi-Fi Components in Hi-Fi Choice few months ago.

A data sheet with details and links that I put together is at
http://www.gbaudio.co.uk/data/a400.htm

Hi Guys

For the record schematics are now available at vinylengine.com under library/misc in pdf format for download.

I must also take back everything nasty I said about the phono section and same time heap praise on humble Grace 707 arm.

The fact is feed the A400 good stuff and you get back good stuff.i.e the better the source the better the result.
Am seriously thinking about cloning it. Just hope transistors are available (output stage). Any one have some spares , I have 12 pairs of 2sk135/sk49 's available.
regards and compliments of the season and new year greetings to all.
keith birss

Hi boomtheron

almost but the 400x cut some corners I think and lost out on the sonics although most reviewers said the other way round.
there are slight differences in the phono stage and the psu , there are no banana conn's on the x and thats about all I can remember.
I am in the market for another A400 for my sons are are weirder than I and more demanding .

regards
keith birss

Hi Boom

One page or one chapter reply be ok ?
Seriously not possible to reply too , its only when used side by side with same sources is it possible to hear the differences and as I said pre.- some liked the x more than the x-less.
Is purely a matter of choice and taste.

regards
keith birss

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.