Musical Fidelity X-A50 Mono Power Amplifier Clone??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Everyone, I've done some searching on the threads but can't find anything relating to this.

I'm interested in building my own solid state amp from a kit (I don't have the experience to design complex circuits yet). I was having a look on EBay and noticed this kit CLONE Musical Fidelity X-A50 Mono Power amplifier board | eBay

Having heard these amps before with the matching pre-amp I was won over but they were out of my price range.

The only questions I have are;

What else would I need, other than a transformer and mounting chassis?
Also where would I source a 150w transformer from, been looking at RS, Maplin and CPC. Would there need to be a circuit design for a power supply?

Any help appreciated thankyou

If no one has had any experience with these kits, could someone point me in the direction of a mono block design with a parts list or maybe a stereo amp that you could build with a tag board to start with

I'd like to go down the mono block route though, and not with a crazy 300w per block lol just something like a 50-100w design

I give you look at the shape of the original machine.

They each track need a transformer, single power supply.

Attachments

• mf1.jpg
    mf1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,615
  • mf2.jpg
    mf2.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,508
  • mf9.jpg
    mf9.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,568
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.