25W almost finished

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If the headpone amp is based on high performance opamp(s) or another Self based design, the curcuit itself should be pretty much resistant to cross talk via the PS. I would take care that that amp input signal wiring and both in and out signal wiring for the headphone amp be shielded.

Using the same transformer makes sense with the following provisos. I've read that to get good results the power rails should be at least 3V higher than the regulator output. The next ios unlikely to be an issue but . . . . Are you going to use the headphones and power amp at the same time? If so, be sure the VA rating is just a smidgen greater than needed. Not much headphones don't draw that much current, just be sure you aren't already "at the edge".

Thanks

Thanks for the answer/reply

I go for the same transformer for both amp's.

Joe Dirt:No it's not compact. the case is width=19" and height=2UH deep=10". Lot of space

Sam9: The headphone amp is based on OPA2134, and it's not my design. I think people call it "cmoy"
And no, i dont use the headphone and amp at the same time.
I gonna put a switch to select speaker/headphone

picture

Joe Dirt:
Here's a picture of the amp inside.
I draw a line where i want to put the headphone-amp.
As you can see there is lot of space in the case.

Attachments

• inside_2.jpg
    inside_2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 444
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.