SYMEF amplifier

I was under the impression from another thread that Goldmund was the best amplifier ever heard by anyone.

A secret formula or silly adjectives used to describe this "best" performance have the same outcome - nothing.

Could there actually be audible difference between the best, slightly better than the best, or very much better than the best. The problem I have is what defines a good sounding amplifier or a better sounding amplifier, or for that matter the best sounding amplifier.

My little f..ugly dog is the best guard dog in the world. Every potential burglar to date laughed himself to death at the sight of it before being able to do any damage or break in. The general consensus is this kind of breed need to be terminated forthwith because it is so damn dangerous. By definition it must the best guard dog even compared to a viscous 120 lbs Rottweiler

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2006
From all the designs you have shown so far I pattern is revealed but I (others have proven that this pattern does not always give best listening results) have doubt this formula is really wothwhile. Youre creating as much even harmonics as possible especially 2nd with circuitry which is not really needed. Looking at amps winning awards and getting high accolades for the good sound I see as many most odd distortion amps taking the laurels so this is just personal taste. In your case your amps will probably lack detail while sounding pretty warm due to high distortion, its good if you just listen to classic music and is euphonic for some, perfect to fall asleep with.

The only positive from your designs I can see is that you bias your drivers very high, well this no secret, been done for the last 30 years, or so as long as the driver can handle it.