SYMEF amplifier

@abetir

Where did you get that coil from?

Regards

Hi!

It's a standard #16AWG wound at 19turns using a pen type cutter as the former, I guess any electrical store carries them. I like the color though "fiery red"...:D

Dear Abetir,

You could work with the following tolerances 1%, 2%, 5%, 10%,15%, 20%, 25% . If choosing a lower value limit is 10%. If choosing a higher value limit is 25%.:)

Let me also take the opportunity of welcoming you to the club of exclusive amplifiers. Thank you for joining us. Nice board, looking forward to your completion and review.;)

kind regards,

Harrison.

Tolerances...never thought about that :scratch2: I used 600v ceramics, guess I will be consulting datasheets..:D I have here a 12pf and a 5.6pf.

Thank You Sir!

@pinnocchio,

professional work! :yes:

Does anybody already have a working version with the Rev2 boards?

Regards

Claim this title for all history. Be the first to post :D . There are 8 1DIFFQC boards waiting for the first four to post their Rev2 builds :D . The rev2 PCB is more like an integrated circuit ;) .

So tell us whether the sound was great or tell us whether it was pure rubbish :rofl:

@Routhun, hows the going :)

Last edited:
Hi,

I currently amplifier Symef of Pinnocchio. It is connected with a tube preamp Conrad, with the source files loss-less 16-bit and 24-bit. The speakers are my design, Tubassons Mark 2 (3 ways, 2 x woofer SB17, mid SB12, tweeter SC6620).

I listen for at least a few weeks. This is one of the best amp I've heard. My regular amplifier is a Goldmund Mimesis 29 clone that Pinnochio assembled (MOSFET 5 w Class A, 85w / c 8 ohms).

In comparison, a Symef as transparent or nearly at the top of the spectrum. I am very surprised. But it is in the lower register and the lower midrange that Symef is definitely higher.

I listen to jazz, classical, folk and rock. The bass is not only powerful, but it is very precise and articulate. The lower midrange is excellent and allows us to appreciate the voices of men as well as women. Whether it's a live or studio recording, the music that comes out of this amp is highly musical, and this with minimal coloration.

The icing on the cake is the realism of the sound image, as with classical and Jazz very powerful. Whatever the volume, the image is stable and the instruments are very well spaced. The image is 3d.

Congratulations Mr. Harrison for this excellent amplifier. :D

Denbret.

Last edited:
I wonder why not many believed me when I told them this. Evette

Hi evette,

I too was a little skeptical when Pinnocchio told me the Symef.

It really is a great amplifier. :D

The sound stage is realistic and very close to a single-ended tube amplifier. This with power and ease way to reproduce very detailed very complex musical messages. I still can not believe it.

denbret.

Hi,

I currently amplifier Symef of Pinnocchio. It is connected with a tube preamp Conrad, with the source files loss-less 16-bit and 24-bit. The speakers are my design, Tubassons Mark 2 (3 ways, 2 x woofer SB17, mid SB12, tweeter SC6620).

I listen for at least a few weeks. This is one of the best amp I've heard. My regular amplifier is a Goldmund Mimesis 29 clone that Pinnochio assembled (MOSFET 5 w Class A, 85w / c 8 ohms).

In comparison, a Symef as transparent or nearly at the top of the spectrum. I am very surprised. But it is in the lower register and the lower midrange that Symef is definitely higher.

I listen to jazz, classical, folk and rock. The bass is not only powerful, but it is very precise and articulate. The lower midrange is excellent and allows us to appreciate the voices of men as well as women. Whether it's a live or studio recording, the music that comes out of this amp is highly musical, and this with minimal coloration.

The icing on the cake is the realism of the sound image, as with classical and Jazz very powerful. Whatever the volume, the image is stable and the instruments are very well spaced. The image is 3d.

Congratulations Mr. Harrison for this excellent amplifier. :D

Denbret.
Denbret,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to write an informative review of SYMEF. Your contribution has advanced the state of the art. When I next have PCBs coax me for some :D

kind regards,

Harrison.
Hi evette,

I too was a little skeptical when Pinnocchio told me the Symef.

It really is a great amplifier. :D

The sound stage is realistic and very close to a single-ended tube amplifier. This with power and ease way to reproduce very detailed very complex musical messages. I still can not believe it.

denbret.
In one single paragraph you added more data :) , its probably one among the ultimate amplifiers in the galaxy and beyond, Dominic must have put in his best in assembly. So is there more to amp design .....possibly a secret formula or not ???

Totally agree and good description of the sound. I actually compare it with my excellent 300b tube amp but with alot more power og grunt.. Just great.

Right now I am running it with my own design 12b4a tube preamp. This synergy is by far the best I have ever had in my house.

Thank you Bambadoo. Glad you still like it, that says a lot and provides new data for analysis. Now will the future designs beat that ?:D