SYMEF amplifier

I cannot open spreadsheets as i do not own a license of the office package.

Also do NOT say something is worthless like that without providing actual links to the suggested papers, i have no clue where to find these and google offers little help.

Last edited:
How can the soa test i show be meaningless ?!

Thats just what soa is, a certain current through the device at a certain voltage across C and E.

If this is not the case, then you show what correct meaningful soa is, because im not gonna waste time searching the forum trying to find these papers you claim to exist here.

Sure you could take the current and voltage and calculate the equavilent resistance of the transistor and from that calculate how much it dissipates and see if its exceeding the max dissipation rating as well as taking thermal derating into account, but still.

Everything in this picture tells me the symef amp will gladly do 4 ohms with 50V rails all day long, the 2 ohm resistor represents the lowest impedance a 4 ohm speaker could potentially drop to. I used a 1Hz sine as its frequencies below 20Hz that poses the biggest threat to the output devices.

In reality due to voltage drops through the triple deep darlington drive, the amp will not even be able to get up to this kinda power, nor will the power supply allow it.

Also my symef amp will be force air cooled at all time so it shouldent even rise enough in temp to get into the soar derating area, besides if temp goes up beyond a preset value, a guard circuit will kick in and bring the fan up to full speed, and if temp still rises, the main power will be cut automatically, and come back on once the amp is back at room temp.

link to fullsize picture: http://i.imgur.com/eBDJG.png

Attachments

• eBDJG.png
    eBDJG.png
    121.7 KB · Views: 610
@ Evette

Tell us more, was your performance comparison interms of
1. Wattage
2. Listening tests (tell us more also)
3. T.H.D.

Not forgetting plastics crackup under pressure. Am assuming here the Leach has TO3 devices. (Was their a difference in power supplies ?)

What does "at high power the Leach takes it out." mean?

Is it a Leach Lo Tim or a Leach Double Barrel?
12 fits with Double Barrel, 10 only fits with Lo Tim.

Evette, can you tell us how the sound quality compared to DX Amp, since you already compared it to the LEACH Amp? If you say it's better, then I will give it a shot.

After going through a few proofs. Someone needs to provide more info on this.

help

Is there anyone out there ?

I have a confession to make. I love you guys. I enjoy the teasing, the fights, the complements, the contradictions, the corrections,the team work, the intelligent discussions, the bla. Its a great way to get cheap therapy for everyone as well as enjoy the state of the art in audio ;)
At the beginning many including, Andrew, Cal(in his own silent way ;) ), Nico(and his entourage ;)), the lazy cat (can he catch a mouse ;) ) used to keep me excited, worked up and healthy, but now I stare out the open window with a longing look in my eye.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well I guess once you get ontop of the food chain........:D

Last edited:
At this rate I will have to declare officially that

"this is the best amplifier on the planet"

As no hard evidence has been provided that a better amplifier than this exists on earth. This amplifier betters all amplifiers within the price range of 0$ to greater than 1,000,000 $

Looks like it has nothing to do with anything, it is about how the idea is conceived and convincingly put across. I applaud you, you had everyone guessing. Besides all your customers are happy ones, there can be nothing wrong with that! Very good marketing, don't tell anyone what is good about the product, let them convince each other.

Now this was DIY, but how would you tackle the same marketing strategy in another medium, say magazine, where you were not in a one on one position with the customer?

Last edited:
Hi ,
......it's hard, to attach heatsink to transistors , but at the end ,will be something nice and useful to one of my friends:)
Regards Alex.

Attachments

• IMG_5100.JPG
    IMG_5100.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 589
  • IMG_5099.jpg
    IMG_5099.jpg
    700.2 KB · Views: 573
  • IMG_5097.jpg
    IMG_5097.jpg
    630.5 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_5096.jpg
    IMG_5096.jpg
    642.7 KB · Views: 499
Now this was DIY, but how would you tackle the same marketing strategy in another medium, say magazine, where you were not in a one on one position with the customer?

I would target the high end market, very understanding people.

Magazine: High gloss, status symbol

product: gold plating, machined case, super star endorsement, minimum cost 5,000$(no amplifier would cost less than this, you do not want your market jittery about your status) per mono block, include maitenance packages etc

Please note that most of the $$$$$$$$ would be spent on machined case. Gold plating, special copper and copper tubing, custom output semiconductors, special PCB, special power supply (which I will not disclose here ;) ). Special caps etc. The resale value of such an amplifier would be very good.