SYMEF amplifier

@ Nico

The component count within the regulator ;)

This is a great opportunity to let the listener express themselves in their own words about the listening experince. This way we get to know what is important for each listener.

We might learn something totally new that has nothing to do with SYMEF, such as how different people interpret what they hear.

Data mining has made it possible to have people express themselves in their own words. However it would be nice to open a running poll to let users rate a select set of features so that we can see the progress as each listener rates the feature. (Remembering we have 30,000 reviews as first target ;) )

@ Tekko

1. Nice case
2. Your fins are inside the case, without air circulation, its gonna get warm ;) Will you be using the fan ?
3. Tell me more about your layout. It could be optimised.
4. Spare those preamp toroids for the preamps. Running them in saturation mode may impare the performance

@ Evette

Tell us more, was your performance comparison interms of
1. Wattage
2. Listening tests (tell us more also)
3. T.H.D.

Not forgetting plastics crackup under pressure. Am assuming here the Leach has TO3 devices. (Was their a difference in power supplies ?)

Im actually leaning onto selling that rackmount chassi, i dunno if i can be bothered with drilling all the air holes in the front and the large fan hole in the back.

Btw preamp toroids ? Its just a test psu that i use for testing so that i dont blow up the output devices if something is miswired and such.

Though even with that test psu, this amp is way louder than i can even stand and thats nowhere even near clipping.

@ Evette:

My experience has been that all amplifiers which I have had do take a while to settle down/burn in/whatever term suits. The symptoms you describe I have found to be typical of a brand new amp. Sometimes they have taken a few weeks to settle down. Or have you already burnt in this amp?

Mr. Brianco Sir,And Mr.harrison,,the leachamp I built was by delta audio 2004,,I had 4 boards in which I built as standard (more or less) 2 boards I used Mjlxxx Series transistors. 10 outputs per channel,,The second 2 boards I used some of my favorites output devices. Which are Mj15024 and mj15025 I use 12 of these outputs per chanel I also used the 1n3754 temp comp.;diodes old RCA orig. devices. I run this amp at + and - 85 volts There is no comparing this amp. To anything that is on a commerical basis,,I also have my own transfromerless designs. Evette

Also the sound quality I can,t express what it does to me When I cranked this amp up I come alive. I,m tranfromed into another dimenion I,m speaking about Mr harrison amp..Forget about the 40 volts I,m running my at 47 volts with to-3 outputs and this amp turns into a different animal. Mr.harrison was so kind he gave me some boards and boards for my friends close to me in montreal,, and they are are crazier than me,,HahaHa
Evette

Little progress

Here is my progress so far, long way to go. Couple of comments, output device leads to be bent for properly attaching them to the heatsink. Also input capacitor holes are two small to fit 4.7uf film capacitor, need to widen them littlebit. Will continue rest of the build in the weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_20120521_075515.jpg
    IMG_20120521_075515.jpg
    637.7 KB · Views: 545
  • IMG_20120521_075523.jpg
    IMG_20120521_075523.jpg
    526.7 KB · Views: 478
Also the sound quality I can,t express what it does to me When I cranked this amp up I come alive. I,m tranfromed into another dimenion I,m speaking about Mr harrison amp..Forget about the 40 volts I,m running my at 47 volts with to-3 outputs and this amp turns into a different animal. Mr.harrison was so kind he gave me some boards and boards for my friends close to me in montreal,, and they are are crazier than me,,HahaHa
Evette

???????? Homemodder?