Dan d'Agostino MOMENTUM: Sonic Character like pure ClassA/SE despite low Idle Power ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• Momentum Amplifier front-I.jpg
    Momentum Amplifier front-I.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 3,195
  • Momentum Amplifier front-II.jpg
    Momentum Amplifier front-II.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 3,095
  • Momentum Amplifier front-III.jpg
    Momentum Amplifier front-III.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 3,047
  • Momentum Amplifier front-right.jpg
    Momentum Amplifier front-right.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 2,984
  • Momentum Amplifier heatsink.jpg
    Momentum Amplifier heatsink.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 2,933
  • Momentum Amplifier package.jpg
    Momentum Amplifier package.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 582
  • Momentum Amplifier power meter.jpg
    Momentum Amplifier power meter.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 670
  • Momentum Amplifier rear.jpg
    Momentum Amplifier rear.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 711
  • Momentum Amplifier sticker.jpg
    Momentum Amplifier sticker.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 634
  • Momentum Amplifier top.jpg
    Momentum Amplifier top.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
i have no idea what that 69MHz has to do with anything...unless its a classD amp

this is what I found on the web:
"A 1.2kVA power transformer is packed into the compact chassis and in the tradition of Krell, the company that he cofounded 30 years ago, the new amplifier puts out 300W into 8 ohms, 600W into 4 ohms, and 1200W into 2 ohms, all with class-A/B biasing. Yet, there was nothing about this system that sounded like class-A/B amplifiers. Driving Wilson Sashas, the sound was warm, fast, open and generous—tonally and spatially. Voices all sounded balanced, life-like and three-dimensional. Dan told me a matching preamplifier is on the way. "

...it talks about class AB

its surprising how little dan talks about real circuitry, mostly about the aluminium body and copper heatsink and watch like power gauge...marketing, all is just marketing

In the interview he talks about a low feedback design with only 8-10 dB overall feedback, but more around the output devices that need heavier feedback to perform well...sounds a bit like two split feedback loops..

He was also talking about plateau bias, so that the bias changes with the signal.. and climbs with the level..as it's called for...(may not apply to this product).

because I haven't a broadband internet connection (very slow downlink rate) I am looking for a text about the interview about
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/lounge/179714-dan-d-agostino-interview-papa-one-best.html
to reading this Interview.
Perhaps then one know more about the basic internal circuit topology.
Independend of this - I have heard about a simplified schematic anywhere on the web.
Perhaps one of the members here know the appropriate URL.

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.