2SK135 2SJ50 Replacement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just Received a Trace Elliot PA1200
Boards from a friend who has ripped them out
of his amp after blowing it:bigeyes:

This Amp is a verry impressive Pa Amp and
I would like to Revive it!:nod:

the only problem is It uses 2SK135 & 2SJ50
Outputs and I can't find these anywhere:bawling:

Are there equivalents that I can Use?:scratch:

Here are Attached Pics

Attachments

• trace-top.jpg
    trace-top.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 2,495
Hi Marvellous

I asked a similar question some time ago. The Exicon parts seem to be about the closest youll get.

http://www.profusionplc.com/hitachi.htm

No idea where to get these in SA. I have tried without success.

One could always replace them with something significantly better, as the 2SK135 and 2SJ50 are pretty old. I dont remember if IR makes a IRFP240/9240 equivalent in a metal can package.

Any suggestions out there???

Cheers, Stuart

Marvellous said:
Have just Email you Preanders! Price?

Some one has just told me that I can use
2SJ162 2SK1058 as replacement?:scratch:

is this true?
as these are not TO3:scratch:
Those are not TO3 but fits if it's not too tight. The electrical properties are similar but not exact. The threshold voltage is higher for instance. In many places you can use them but in some designs you have to adjust a little, especially the bias arrangements.

I think to the power issue isn't very important if we talk decibels. A little different gm but lower Rdson will influnece but I don't know how much. The main thing is the bias.

About the dimensions, just check how TO3 plastic looks like.

The newer types you mention is slighty better so you won't get worse sound at least, don't think so :no:

If you are going to use the pcb in the picture, notice that the traces are rather thing. To pairs can deliver 20-30 A so it's possible to burn these traces if you not have good current limiting or fuses.

Re: Mosfets

diyman said:
RS components still stock the 2SK135 and 2SJ50 although these are not made by Hitachi anymore. Hope this helps.

;)

Yes absolutely, it is Semelab/MagnaTec: 2SK135 and 2SJ50, characteristics are the same!
According to the update of Ray's Crescendo http://members.quicknet.nl/ra.vdsteen/crescendo_en.html there are also replacements: BUZ900 and BUZ905 the same manufacturer, but if the original transistors are made we will have more chance today to find components with modern manufacturing techniques.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.