Look what I just bought--FOUR Marantz MA-24s.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been thru a bunch of amps the last year but a few weeks ago returned to my Marantz MA-22s.
Marantz MA-22 Music Link power amplifier - DutchAudioClassics.nl

They drive the top-8 octaves of my Vandersteen 5As, and with the 70Hz high-pass filter I installed--a Cardas Golden Ratio cap--they have plenty of power for this audiofool who does NOT treasure high dynamic range nor who listens at high levels. I've upgraded a few parts, added more BlackGates (main-PS, decoupling, and coupling caps were already BGs) as main-PS-bypasses, etc. They sounded so good on the 5As, I started fantasizing about their big/little brothers, the even-higher-end MA-24s.
Marantz MA-24 Music Link power amplifier - DutchAudioClassics.nl
Well--lo and belold--TWO pairs were listed on A-goN, and I bought them. They're in Michigan and I'm in Arizona so it'll be about a week before I see them, but here are some pics.

It appears that with so much room in the chassis, they'll be even easier to work on than the '22s. We'll see.

Attachments

• 27Sep2011_R-champonpad_1280w.jpg
    27Sep2011_R-champonpad_1280w.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 290
  • Mypair_fronts2_1280w.jpg
    Mypair_fronts2_1280w.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 244
  • Pair24sfront-top_800w-1.jpg
    Pair24sfront-top_800w-1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 277
  • Topopen_800w.jpg
    Topopen_800w.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 286
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.