LSK389, LSK170, LSK174

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yes, the LSJ74 is not in production.

I tried their LS312 and 318 which is supposed to be their direct replacement for the LM394. It was more like a matched pair BC550. I actually got better performance from a matched pair of 2N4401s.

The nice thing about the LS312/8 is that they come in a 'can' but that is it. You are better off spending a few minutes matching 2N4401 or BC550C and get better noise results.

bonsai

Yes! If you exchange the MAT, LM394 and 'real' equivalents in the same mic preamp and then put the LS318 in, the noise levels suddenly go right up.
Linear Systems technical will also tell you that the LS312/8 is not a direct replacement 'low noise' for the LM394 but will replace it in its footprint. I'm not sure what J Hardy is using in the JE990 now as the LM394 was discontinued a while back.

I learnt years ago that if you want clarification don't ask someone in a forum...ask the manufacturer.

AmpsLab have 2SK170 and happily ship to Europe.

[Edit: as does jean-paul in Germany: https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/229532-fs-toshiba-jfets-2sk170bl-post5961672.html]

Thanks Jeff!
I want to buy from an European seller because otherwise i have to go to the Customs Office in Bucharest in order to receive them. ~4 hours lost + customs duties.

the second link, (jean-paul from Germany) does not work for me, can you please check it to see if it is ok?

Cheers,
Daniel

Thanks Jeff!
I want to buy from an European seller because otherwise i have to go to the Customs Office in Bucharest in order to receive them. ~4 hours lost + customs duties.

the second link, (jean-paul from Germany) does not work for me, can you please check it to see if it is ok?

Cheers,
Daniel

Link is broken all right. Not sure what happened.

I'll try again: FS: Toshiba JFETs - 2SK170BL

Thanks for your suggestions guys!
Unfortunately none worked out for me.

I've found this transistor,IFN5565 from InterFET, that i think will work for me .

I want to use it in a input differential stage of an amplifier.
My question is: do i really the low noise of a 2SK170/ LSK170 ( 0.8 nV/√Hz FET)?
Also, forward trans-conductance is about half but i think this will be just fine for me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.