Repairing a Rega Elex Integrated Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there, got a Rega Elex Integrated Amplifier back in the early 90's.... Sounds great with my Royd Speakers. Anyhoo....it stopped working and in a fiit of ingenuity I opened it up and saw the fuse was blown. Seems easy enough right? The fuse said T3 .15A250V so I went down to the Radio Shack equivalent and bought two fuses that I thought might work. Nexxtech Slow Blow Fuses 3.15 A 250V. Well Input one after the other and all I got were two blu flashes and not much else! lol...

If you hadn't guessed already...I'm a hack......but any advice anyone can give me would be much appreciated.

Thanks

It is nearly impossible to make an estimate on repair costs based on the information available. Nigel's answer is an educated guess (with which I agree). I would further hazard a guess that the output transistors are the most likely source of your troubles.

About the price, that depends entirely on where you live, what parts need to be replaced and who does the work. The only answer I can give is that it will be a whole lot less than the cost of a new amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.