"The Wire AMP" Class A/AB Power Amplifier based on the LME49830 with Lateral Mosfets - Page 190 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st July 2012, 05:05 PM   #1891
NicMac is offline NicMac  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP2 View Post
Hi,
I see Silence...zZz..Zzz...work all on WA at sea? while i'm in lab..ahah!
or ...zZz..Zzz... waiting for SMPS
Old 1st August 2012, 05:56 AM   #1892
diyAudio Member

i am also waiting for the smps
Old 1st August 2012, 07:14 AM   #1893
diyAudio Member

Too hot for soldering right now
Old 1st August 2012, 10:05 AM   #1894
AP2 is offline AP2  Italy
Banned

Hi, I hope Nicmac and Kiwi, confirm the receipt of the package.
Arthur: there are only your DPS-600, are stopped for lack of stupid caps 1206. Distrelec not send me (the rest of the 100 not available) so I'm looking to buy today from another supplier. I solve this today, Many apologies for this arthur.
-----------------------------------------------
Since I received some pm for DPS-500 (for new wire-amp), I will discuss (in DPS-600 threads), some aspects. they are ready because they have been assembled from services, so they need only the power unit and the final test. I mean, can be shipped in a couple of days. (I will not repeat the folly of the first GB, I worked on it for 5 weeks)
----------------------------------------------

Regards
Old 1st August 2012, 01:43 PM   #1895
neb001 is offline neb001  United States
diyAudio Member

Has OPC posted measurements of the DPS-500? Wondering if I missed them or if people are just ordering them anyway
Old 1st August 2012, 01:50 PM   #1896
opc is offline opc  Canada
diyAudio Member

I was supposed to get a pair for testing, but I think it fell through.

I would still be interested, as I'm back to using linear supplies and would really like to build these into smaller finished chassis if possible.

AP2:

Can you send me an email about this? I've got a little bit of spare time where I could test these.

Regards,
Owen
Old 1st August 2012, 02:54 PM   #1897
AP2 is offline AP2  Italy
Banned

I was recently asked if I could send 2xdps-500 (voltage?) maybe you have not read the thread.
Considers that at full load (100Hz), drops by 3V
Old 5th August 2012, 08:54 PM   #1898
diyAudio Member

Default LME Gain

@opc, or anyone who might know...

I've populated the pcb's using the guide and stock values from the BOM & will be using +/-55V/45V dps-600's... do we need to alter the Gain to reflect the +/- rails and source V's?

Only built headphone amps so far, so am unsure if Gain is used/adjusted in the same way on this as it would on a head-amp!?

Regards

Paul.
Old 5th August 2012, 09:58 PM   #1899
opc is offline opc  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi Paul,

I would suggest leaving the gain as it is. Going lower may cause instability, and you would only really need to go higher if you had a source with very low output capabilities and you could not get the overall level to where you needed it with your finished system.

If this is your first power amp build, I would definitely start off with everything as standard as possible, and later evaluate if you really need to increase the gain.

The voltage used on the PSU doesn't really impact what gain setting you should use until you start getting into very high voltages. If you want to run +/- 100V rails to get some 500W into 8 ohms, then you would likely need more gain to allow you to swing more voltage on the output. In that case, if you only had about 1VRMS drive from your preamp, you might want to consider increasing the gain a little to get the desired output.

Cheers,
Owen
Old 6th August 2012, 10:19 AM   #1900
diyAudio Member

Thanks Owen, I'll leave that well alone then...

Hide this!Advertise here!