"The Wire AMP" Class A/AB Power Amplifier based on the LME49830 with Lateral Mosfets - Page 189 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st July 2012, 12:11 PM   #1881
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fab View Post
If that is so why so many peoples are buying the material (group buy, ...) to build this project

Fab
Quote:
Originally Posted by neb001 View Post
The measurements look good, and it looks to be a compact yet powerful amp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildMeSomething View Post
For me it's because I wanted to try building something beyond the headphone amps done so far. Plus owning one of the wire hpa's already, thought that a sister build would be a good idea... If I can get close to the sound of the headphone amp with this build, I'll be quite happy.

Paul.
all of the above, the design is clean and compact with extensive measurements (not just THD either) to back it up. Owen has gained a reputation for very high performance designs using quality parts and solid engineering principles; there are enough of us here who have built his headphone amps and other projects to trust and know that these numbers also reflect in the sound.
Old 31st July 2012, 12:13 PM   #1882
diyAudio Member

I just build whatever qusp is ...

Last edited by hochopeper; 31st July 2012 at 12:13 PM. Reason: added smilies
Old 31st July 2012, 12:19 PM   #1883
diyAudio Member

lol

there are a few impressions scattered around the thread, perhaps the sound is so good that Andrew T has given up DIY, he doesnt seem to have posted anywhere for weeks
Old 31st July 2012, 12:26 PM   #1884
neb001 is offline neb001  United States
diyAudio Member

I build the amp because I'm afraid of qusp yelling mean things at me if I don't.
Old 31st July 2012, 12:43 PM   #1885
diyAudio Member

haha qusp compulsive DIYer and official GB stand-over man
Old 31st July 2012, 02:50 PM   #1886
AP2 is offline AP2  Italy
Banned

Hi,
I see Silence...zZz..Zzz...work all on WA at sea? while i'm in lab..ahah!
Old 31st July 2012, 03:00 PM   #1887
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hochopeper View Post
I just build whatever qusp is ...

I reject your high powered amp and all its switching trimmings

On a more serious note, what speakers are you going to use these with?
Old 31st July 2012, 03:26 PM   #1888
diyAudio Member

AP2 we are all busying ourselves with building I guess. casework is not my strong point, at least I have heatsinks and a front panel haha. need to get an alloy plate for the dps600 for initial testing, I had neglected to arrange this as will use the floor of the case, but dont have a floor for the case yet ha
Old 31st July 2012, 03:29 PM   #1889
diyAudio Member

@AP2 I am working on some other peripheral devices for mine at the moment (lm335 heatsink temp sensor), I've got no fets here at the moment and no speakers ready for them so not in a hurry, in the next week or so I'm hoping to have some remote on/off control and maybe some initial testing of the power supplies though

@nattonrice, initially I'll use them with some B&W standmount speakers, eventually they'll drive the woofer in zaph ZRT in 20L sealed enclosures. Already got a pair of subs built and working nicely from a different smps powered class ab amp (6ch amp by aussie amps a forum sponsor) so I have already sampled smps power supplies in those amps ... no toroids here! [except for the teeny tiny lpuhp ones]
Old 31st July 2012, 04:17 PM   #1890
AP2 is offline AP2  Italy
Banned

Ah..well qusp, If I knew, I could send you what you need. (your package start tomorrow).
I used it just yesterday a DPS-600 to a strange amp that I developed and assembled (without PCB) after lunch hahaha! but from where I got this idea? amazing. I posted a new thread in "Spirit of Amp".

Hide this!Advertise here!