"The Wire AMP" Class A/AB Power Amplifier based on the LME49830 with Lateral Mosfets - Page 102 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd April 2012, 09:45 PM   #1011
opc is offline opc  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi Guys,

I'm long overdue on an update for this, so here's the status:

- Mosfet arrival dates were pushed out 4 separate times from the original date of March 20th to March 31st, then April 20th, and now April 27th.

- I have a hard commitment from the supplier and distributor that the parts will arrive on April 27th and I'm fairly confident that this time they actually will. Fingers crossed.

- The N-channel parts are already in the distributor's hands, it's only the P-channel parts that are causing the delay.

- I have ordered an additional 100pcs of both P and N channel devices in a separate order for those who want additional parts, and to cover people who ordered only boards are have been unable to source the mosfets themselves. They should arrive by the end of this month.

Based on the above, I should be able to ship everyone's orders by April 30th. Absolutely everything is packed, addressed and prepped, and is only awaiting the mosfets.

As for the power supplies, I'm almost finished testing, but I have one last issue to send to AP2 for resolution before I give the green light. There are some transients on shutdown caused by the supply trying to restart after the device has been unplugged, and this translate to transients on the output of the amp. I'll send the data to AP2 for analysis.

Otherwise, the 120Hz noise issue has been resolved and the supply performs very well.

Another important update on this front is that I will not be organizing the GB for these supplies. I have thought it over, and there is far too much liability involved if I sell these supplies. I only have the time and bandwidth to measure the audio performance of the supplies, so I cannot vouch for the safety or reliability of the supplies. I don't expect to see any issues in this area, but I cannot take that risk. Offering people finished supplies with live-side connections that I didn't design falls outside my comfort zone.

I will still post all the measurements, and you guys can decide how to organize things from there

I want to extend yet another big thanks to everyone for your unwavering patience and understanding through what has now been a very very long wait for these parts. I really appreciate everyone's commitment to this and I'm looking forward to shipping all the remaining kits!

Regards,
Owen
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:00 PM   #1012
diyAudio Member

Owen,

Are the extra 100 n-p pairs arriving at the same time as the original order?

Either way I'd like 2 pairs (2ch). Happy for you to post with qusp's if he also purchases some more mosfets.

Last edited by hochopeper; 23rd April 2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 24th April 2012, 12:09 AM   #1013
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

yeah i'll get some more, 2-4 pairs, i'll confirm that closer to time
Old 24th April 2012, 09:12 AM   #1014
diyAudio Member

Owen, I'd like to have 2 extra pairs as well, just to be safe.
Old 24th April 2012, 10:39 AM   #1015
Paulv is offline Paulv  France
diyAudio Member

interrested in 6 pairs, if possible, thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 12:46 PM   #1016
lolo is offline lolo  France
diyAudio Member

that's bloody great!!! definitely waiting for your invoice! 10 boards/12 fet pairs please.

Last edited by lolo; 24th April 2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old 24th April 2012, 03:59 PM   #1017
diyAudio Member

lolo, not sure if this was a typo, but did you mean to ask for 10 boards? where were you expecting to get the 10 pcbs from? there are none left.

ahh thats right you got them in the scraps yeah?

Last edited by qusp; 24th April 2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 24th April 2012, 04:03 PM   #1018
lolo is offline lolo  France
diyAudio Member

mmm no, I thought I managed to get some of the last ones? Owen confirmed it a couple of months ago I believe..
unless I misunderstood I am definitely part of the GB.
Old 24th April 2012, 04:14 PM   #1019
opc is offline opc  Canada
diyAudio Member

Yup... lolo is on the "what's left" list for 10 boards.

I'll figure out that list and send out payment requests only after all the original list is shipped, so it could be about a week into May at that point.

Regards,
Owen
Old 24th April 2012, 04:45 PM   #1020
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
ahh thats right you got them in the scraps yeah?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo View Post
I thought I managed to get some of the last ones?
same same

Hide this!Advertise here!