Marantz SR8200

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My friend gave me a Marantz SR8200 that seems to work fine. I just want to use it as a straight up 2 channel stereo receiver. My problem is that I don't have the remote. I'm sure there are all sorts of settings that need to be changed. I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with this model and the limited adjustments using the amp only.

I've downloaded the owners manual online but it's vague in this area. That leads me to believe you need the remote for most things.I don't care about not having the remote unless Thanks

Yes, you do need the remote. However, the good news is many Marantz SR recievers share the same IR codes, so if you can't find the exact remote you need on ebay, you can likely find one from a similar model that will work. I've had several Marantz receivers (SR-14, SR-18, SR-8000, SR-8500) and they all shared the same basic IR codes on my universal remote. I didn't even need to reprogram it when I switched recievers.

That said there might be some specialized direct access buttons from model to model, buy you can get to those features through the arrows and menu paths.

Hi,

You don't really need the remote controll. Push the Source Direct button. This will switch OFF every digital processing, and also the tone control. Than You can use it as stereo receiver. You can get the best sound quality with the 5.1 analog input

Sajti

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.