100 Watt Class A Power Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had allready check, the only I could obtain was

Coulomb 28th July 2002
"The Pass/Thagard project was a 100 Watt class A Amplifier published in Jan, Feb and March of 95. I will scan the schematic and post the PDF Monday night in Pass Forum under Pass/Thagrad thread."

Coulomb 29th July 2002
"I have attached a PDF of the schematic for the CLASS A 100 Watt Amplifier section. I do have all three articles available, but thought I would start with this schematic to see if there is any interest."

I have the schematics, but parts list is in the next article that I haven't
Thanks

Hi hotrodmaniac, (Can I tell Jim?)You are a Master!!!
16 years and now I have the parts list, Thanks a lot!!!
I have in my collection the Audio Magazine and a piece of newspaper with a picture of the Space Shuttle "Atlantis" with Dr. Thagard inside, but the parts list...never until today.
Thanks again, when You have the time, could You scan the Heatsink details?
Best Regards from Argentina
Popilin

Popilin
I didn't mean to take so long to reply. I had a little bit of trouble finding all
the articles as I had removed them from the magazines to scan them previously. I would suggest building the Pass F-5 instead. The project that I am sending you is a good learning tutorial. This DIY forum is loaded with good information and helpful members. When the Norm Thagard class A 100W amp was published it was pre-DIY for me. Good luck!!!
Jim Messer

Hi Jim, Hi Mr. Pass I know You by Your designs.
Thanks again Jim!!! You always Are a Master!!!
I am very sad because You must destroy Your Audio Magazine for scan them to me, I appreciate very much Your help.
Mr. Pass, don't be offended, but I am interested in Dr. Thagard (Alone) Design and I love the output topology.
I am a poor physicist of the third world and until now I have the money to abord such design.
I have a silver bullet to make the Amp of my dreams, I plan to take Dr Thagard's Current Amp combining with a Valve Voltage Amp of my own design.
Jim, I invite You to visit me in Argentina, good landscape, beautiful women, and the best meat arround the world!!! (You can bring Nelson, I have a big house) Seriously!!!
Best regards
Popilin

Last edited:
Che popilin, no existe ese artículo el único que hay es del año 92-93 de audio amateur.
Salió en el último del 92 y el primero del 93, lo estoy construyendo en este precisísimo momento. Si querés podemos compartir lo que tengamos hecho y las inquietudes en castellano. O en inglés pero no de la señorita Clavero.

Hi hotrodmaniac, (Can I tell Jim?)You are a Master!!!
16 years and now I have the parts list, Thanks a lot!!!
I have in my collection the Audio Magazine and a piece of newspaper with a picture of the Space Shuttle "Atlantis" with Dr. Thagard inside, but the parts list...never until today.
Thanks again, when You have the time, could You scan the Heatsink details?
Best Regards from Argentina
Popilin

Current Amplifier

Hi All
Here is the current amplifier, with 2SA1943/2SC5200 cascoded with IRF510/IRF9520 (Schematics was made with a poor library)
I am open to criticism.
Cheers :cheers:

Attachments

• Gráfico1.jpg
    Gráfico1.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 690
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.