500W 2sk135, 2sj50 amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dude this schematic is from famous audio amplifier book in Bulgaria.
Outputs are old LMOS devices (the book is from 70's or 80's) that is impossible to be found original but can be substituted with modern ones. You should know that LMOS devices are expensive and you can't use VMOS like IRFP240/9240. You can use 2SK1058/2SJ162 for substitutes and here is a example price: ÊÀÖÀÐÑÊÈ 99 ÎÎÄ

For the schematic performance it is better to ask in bulgarian forums because possibility someone to be built it in the past is much bigger. I saw an opinion in a thread for MOSFET amps for the current schematic and it was positive one.

Good Luck!

hi, Astankov

Thanks for your reply. I will search the web as you have suggested and see if I can get further information for the circuit. I still got enough 2sk135 and 2sj50 for making two monoblocks that why I am interested on this circuit.

anyway, thanks again

Ciao

Leung

Attachments

• gigant.jpg
    gigant.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 708

Well it originates from the magazine but it is published also in the book like a part of a complete system with power supply , preamp , equalizer , power amp (current schematic) , and DC protection for the speakers. This book does not pretend for authority of the schematic it is just published and explained for less experienced DIYers with example PCB and places of elements. This book was very popular not long ago and I have it too.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information.... I have some background of the amplifier circuit. BTW.. is there any name given to the amplifier / circuit so that I can search in the internet for more info.

Cheers

WC

Hi Guys

nice to see its working ...but its not worth to spend time for LMOS
I remember this circuit was not stable working against oscillations and has a lot of heat dissipation like Sony TAN 8550.... running hot you can cook eggs

here in diyaudio are very good sounding stable working mosfet schematics using VMOS Devices N-Channel

cheap to build, reliable open design to huild 200 up to 1,5 KW output power

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
wcleungoo: ''I found these from the internet... seems that it is extract from a book with relatively "thin" paper. Is there any name given to this amp?''

Please don't post publications scans, we don't know the copyright status. Thanks. :captain:

Hi Guys

nice to see its working ...but its not worth to spend time for LMOS
I remember this circuit was not stable working against oscillations and has a lot of heat dissipation like Sony TAN 8550.... running hot you can cook eggs

here in diyaudio are very good sounding stable working mosfet schematics using VMOS Devices N-Channel

cheap to build, reliable open design to huild 200 up to 1,5 KW output power

Thanks for your advise... the reason I want to try this crcuit are because i) the TA477 sounds very good (but a bit lack of power) so I want to use same MOSFET for an amplifier of higher power and ii) I still have some 2sk135 and 2sj50 that is enough to make a stereo amp. For the TA477 cirucit, I also heard about the stability issues but my implementation did not encountered such problem.

For the heattttt... the circuit seems not a class A one....should not be as hot as my DIY Aleph 5 .. i suppose (may be I am wrong)

Taking your advice.... may be a prototype is required...

Thanks

WC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.