Parts placement in enclosure tips

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I finally have all my parts to build my preamp/active xo/amp setup and I'm wondering if there are any tips to placing the various parts in the enclosure.

Enclosure: 16"x16"x4" aluminum from Par-Metal

Parts:

2 - Hifimediy T2 amps
1 - 200W toroid transformer
1 - small 20W SMPS
2 - miniDSP 2x4 (can be stacked)

and of course lots of RCA jacks and other jacks/connectors which will be on the back panel. Volume and input selector switch are on the front panel.

I'd like to minimize the amount of noise created by the placement of all these in the enclosure, so any help in placing them optimally would be appreciated. I have a 1/8" aluminum sheet laying around too so I can cut it down to various sizes and isolate parts if need be.

IMHO, Keep your " small 20W SMPS" as far away from input section(RCAs) as possible...

Keeping miniDSP away also wont be a bad idea...

Of-course then follow the basic rules... RCA inputs should be as far away from IEC power socket as possible... Speaker outs can be between the RCA and your IEC power socket... So considering the orientation of your - Hifimediy T2, your SMPS could be best placed at the left most rear corner, with an IEC socket. toroidal transformer could be placed next to it... Since - Hifimediy T2 has a fixed pot... I guess It will come some where near right most corner near the fascia...

I could be wrong... veterans please correct me...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.