FIND: ORIGINAL OBSOLETE TRANSISTORS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
here is a tip

it has been a pain in the a** to locate good replacement transistors from stores and shops especially made in a good quality probably matched and of course with some guarantee that are not fakes

the most famous numbers that have been not possible to obtain for quite some time now was the

2SA1302-3281 pairs .... have been canibalized by many fake producing companies ....

then the 2SB 554 family and complementary and cousin pairs

of course the Hoitachi K135 J50 and cousins

then the sanken 2SC3264 2SA1295

and now days the 2sk 1058-2SJ162

well ... there is plenty of stock for all of these numbers in very original condition but not in the places we normally look

most of representatives of hipower pro amplifiers keep stock for their service and that is available to buy for everyone and might be prizy but if its original i dont think that anyone would care ....

try your local Yamaha shop you might be surprized to see what ou will find
try the service of Peavey ,Acoustica, Zeck Altair and many others

kind regards
sakis

I have some of these: 2SA1302-3281 pairs. Not sure how many, but I have them from both Toshiba and Motorola.

I also have a large supply of 2SB600 and 2SD555 from NEC. I have many others but I will need to get out to my shop to check on numbers. I was left with lots of parts when my work stopped.

here is a tip
it has been a pain in the a** to locate good replacement transistors from stores and shops especially made in a good quality probably matched and of course with some guarantee that are not fakes
the most famous numbers that have been not possible to obtain for quite some time now was the
2SA1302-3281 pairs .... have been canibalized by many fake producing companies ....
then the 2SB 554 family and complementary and cousin pairs
of course the Hoitachi K135 J50 and cousins
then the sanken 2SC3264 2SA1295
and now days the 2sk 1058-2SJ162
well ... there is plenty of stock for all of these numbers in very original condition but not in the places we normally look
most of representatives of hipower pro amplifiers keep stock for their service and that is available to buy for everyone and might be prizy but if its original i dont think that anyone would care ....
try your local Yamaha shop you might be surprized to see what ou will find
try the service of Peavey ,Acoustica, Zeck Altair and many others

kind regards sakis
This is a good advice. Especially the local service center companies for older (vintage) public address (PA) amp devices.
The internet is not always the best place to look for it.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.