Technics SU-V40

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear friends: I have an old Technics SU-V40 Class AA, recovery from dump, based on SVI4003 power amp IC plus 2SC3298 / 2SA1306 power transistors.
It does not work and I want to fix. Anybody has the manual service / repair book?. I am reading similar threads and I have a question on the SVI replacement: Is SVI same that

Hi,

Dear friends: I have an old Technics SU-V40 Class AA, recovery from dump, based on SVI4003 power amp IC plus 2SC3298 / 2SA1306 power transistors. It does not work and I want to fix.

Hint.

Gut it, build an LM3875TF based gainclone in the chassis using the transformer, heatsink etc.

It will sound better and not cost much.

Ciao T

No. The STK4003 is a complete power amp on a chip. The SVI4003 is just the small-signal stages that uses external power transistors. If I remember correctly it was made specifically for Technics. The SVI was the weak point which often overheated and failed.

A replacement will be difficult to get.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.