Recommendation for audio amplifier!?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all!:wave:
It has the power supply of 400VA (transformer) which gives a symmetrical well-filtered DC-voltage Ucc = + /-36Vdc.
So please recommend a good quality audio amplifier (project) for home use (stereo) which can be included on this power supply.
The output transistors to be in TO-3 package, as I have a large Al-refrigerator for this type of transistors.
Thanks and Cheers!

The output transistors to be in TO-3 package, as I have a large Al-refrigerator for this type of transistors.
Thanks and Cheers!
Most of the amplifiers could use (or be adapted) to use TO3's.

Very often, manufacturers use the same chips inside various case styles.

Anyway, if you want a design that is particularly tolerant regarding the type of components, you can try the Circlophone:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/189599-my-little-cheap-circlophone.html

Here are some of the transistors it has been tested with:
This design has built-in component tolerance, and will happily accept almost anything you throw at it.
So far, the following types have been actually tested:
-Various brands of 2N3055's
-2N3772 Moto
-2N6259 STC
-MJ15024 Moto
-BDY58 ST
-BDX95 Philips
-BD183 Philips
-BD317 Tesla
-2SD424 EIC
-2SD555 NEC

Some more transistors have been (successfully) tried:
EP1926 Texas
BDY91 Philips
T-125 Solitron
SJ5135 Moto
41013 RCA
All of them are in TO3

It is as easy and trouble-free as a chip-amp, but with near class A performance.

And it isn't a boring rehashed design like a blameless (sorry Doug) :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.