Schematic? Mark Levinson No. 33H - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st September 2011, 09:04 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Well, over-engineered... looking at the power distribution bars they seems to be made of nickel plated steel. The bars connected to the output terminal sems to be less than half an inch from the transformers grounded shielding. Anyone accidentally kicking the side of the amp may short circuit the output to ground...
Old 1st September 2011, 09:25 PM   #12
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by auddoc View Post
Care to elaborate?
You've seen the photos. It looks like the designer was paid by the part.

I don't have that model schematic, but I have some of the others, and they
are very complex. I would not want to be the guy working on it without
factory support.

Old 14th September 2011, 11:40 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

This is not complete SM,only current gain and logical section,Voltage gain and another sections missing!!!!If someone have Voltage gain scheme please send me PM......
Old 14th September 2011, 11:49 PM   #14
triode3 is offline triode3  United States
diyAudio Member

Default I find that offensive!

As an electrical engineer, looking at those photos, I find that offensive.

Last time I checked, I think we are supposed to be building audio amplifiers. I have seen less complex circuitry in NASA control panels.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -- Professor Albert Einstein.
Old 15th September 2011, 01:19 AM   #15
auddoc is offline auddoc  Canada
diyAudio Member

QUOTE......: As an electrical engineer, looking at those photos, I find that offensive.
Last time I checked, I think we are supposed to be building audio amplifiers. I have seen less complex circuitry in NASA control panels......UNQUOTE

Didn't the original space shuttle have only eight separately tasked, Z-80 CPU's in it? Holy moly.......!!!!!!!
I concur to a certain degree.and also get paid to design/ patent electronics..but completely over-the-top audio has a place in the world....not my budget, but hey, audiophile companies need these guys as customers, to exist..who do you think buys (BS!!!)4000$ AC cables?...not anybody who understands empirical engineering/physics..Put it this way- this over-engineered gear is justifiable for me to maintain or repair as necessary for the next thirty years due to the owner's investment. much like maintaining an old Aston Martin..
The saga continues: after troubleshooting the tea spill, I have found most of the damage centered around the OSC PCB- a 60Hz generator with a symmetrical design power amp for.........you guessed it.... re-generating AC!!!!!. This gets rectified again as the big B+/- rails for the main amplifier PCBs. Also low voltage rails.
ML is presently being somewhat un-cooperative about selling me a replacement PCB but has no service / distribution anywhere on the entire left-hand side of North America, where I reside- imagine that!!!!!. Also, imagine paying to package/ship/insure this 156lb mofo, aproximately 9,000 miles roundtrip-cross-continent.
I think not....... You can do a lot of repair for 2K$, even on burnt/ slightly crispy PCBs.I could get a PCB made at my PCB house, for 500-1000 if necessary.Stay tuned.
Old 15th September 2011, 04:03 AM   #16
Bonsai is offline Bonsai  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

I was hunting around trying to find the input, and cocluded I was either just plain dumb (ok, I am on occasion), or the schematic was not complete. Looks like it is more of the latter than the former.

I would agree this does seem way over the top. This thing is not an audio amp - more like a power station.
Old 15th September 2011, 06:40 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
To get the full schematics you have to pay 99c. thats not bad for Levinson schamatics, I think they are hard to come by.
As i say,it isn't full scheme-only current gain and control logic(i have this manual ,long time i find voltage gain scheme and ac-regeneration scheme,the pictures from"INGENIUS" is big bro from 33H-model nr.33....
Old 6th February 2012, 11:08 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Dear rishard123

I sent you PM concerning ML 33H schematics.
Please have a look on it and if possible send me an answer.

Thank you very much for your attention.
Regards
Ronaldo
Old 12th February 2012, 01:51 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Default Help to find Complete Schematics form Model 33H

Dear

I hope, can one of you indicate were to order complete set of schematics or service manula from modell 33H?

I am looking forward to get it and most of schematic sellers do not have all schematics.

Thanks
Ronaldo

Hide this!Advertise here!