bass boost

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys

Does anyone know of a good bass boost circuit? I want a circuit to boost frequencies of 80hz down (subwoofer region), for my headphone amp, the bass from my cd player is too low and the bass boost on the cd player sounds nasty. I have tried many circuits, but most of them kill the treble.

Anyone know any good circuits?

Thanks for the replies.

Hey paulb, I am pretty sure my headphones are not clipping, they are sennheiser HD 580, they dont start clipping until ear splitting levels.
Project 84 is a bit hefty. I want something small because my headphone amp is small and there is not much space in the case.

I preferably want something that uses an op amp.
There is an op amp based bass boost circuit on Headwize.com but it is not so great.

I've got HD580s as well and the bass response seems fine.
Have you got access to a graphic equalizer? How about using that as a temporary check - feed it to a buffer op amp like the OPA2134 and adjust it until you like it. Then you'll have an idea of the bass boost you want. I did this with a friend once and it turned out he could use standard bass/treble controls to get the sound he wanted.
In any event, if you post the results both here and at Headwize I'm sure somebody will come up with a solution.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.