Rotel RB990BX protection circuit issue - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th August 2011, 01:34 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Rotel RB990BX protection circuit issue

Rotel RB990BX. Maybe its just DOA, as I just bought this unit off eBay, From very first attempt the protection circuit stays on and does not engage. Now this was just a first hookup from my rotel DVD/CD unit, through my Rotel 980 preamp... and connected to a couple of 100 watt 2 way Mirages to test with. I'm NOT hooking to my Vandersteens to test an unknown unit.

I've been audiophillic for 30 years.... hook ups are correct. I know the speakers work and all the other units. Manual says its a thermal protection circuit... its not hot... was acclimated to the house for about 24 hours. Came UPS the other day.

I contacted the seller... will see what he and eBay does. It was well wrapped up so I doubt it was shocked in transit (likely been a bit "bouncy" inside the box though as its was all bubble or air bags... but not really shockable.

Auction listing says no refunds, but to contact the seller... so I did (just a few minutes ago). But if I am stuck with it and I pull the cover (only if I can't return it and get refunded) what should I look for?

Dave
Old 25th November 2011, 07:31 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Probably a bit late (3 months ago), but there are output fuses (4 x 6A) you need to check when you open the case. I hope that is your issue... cheap and easy.

Hide this!Advertise here!