Confused about input sensitivity

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm trying to decide which version of a miniDSP to buy, since the unbalanced version outputs .9Vrms and the balanced version outputs 2.0Vrms. While the .9V is fine for my tweets and mids, I'm not sure if it will be enough to drive a high power sub amp. I need 1000W+ @ 4ohms bridged, and so far all I've found that is within my price range is the Behringer EP1500 (used). The input sensitivity on that unit is 1.15V (@8W, +3.4 dBu). I would like to avoid spending the extra $50 on balanced miniDSP's if possible. I'm wondering how much of a difference it will make if I only input .9V into this unit, instead of 1.15V as is the input sensitivity.

Or, if someone would recommend a high watt output subwoofer amp >$200 (used) that has an input sensitivity of .9V or lower, I'd appreciate that as well. I'm looking at the inuke 6000 when it comes out (same price as an individual amp for each sub), but there are no figures on that unit's sensitivity.

Last edited:
What on earth are you going to do with 1000 watts, are you building a vibration testing machine? You must have very a inefficient speaker
I'm running a sub with a very demanding linkwitz transform and I want to make sure it has enough power. I'm not sure how much it will need, but I'm accounting for a ~30% increase in power demand over the initial 750W. Granted, this is way overkill, but I'm just playing the safe side. Either way, the Peavey IPR 3000 has an input sensitivity of .7V, so I think I've found a solution.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.