Gyrators ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there.
I've read a few places that there are 3 ways of making a gyrator circuit, but only very little of technical kind, like detailed circuit description and equations.
Anyone got any links or literature, where I can learn more, and satisfy my theoretical couriousity?

Gyrators?

Hoffmeyer,

If I remember correctly, I had a book, Transform Methods in Circuit Analysis by Harrison, that describes mathematical methods in a discussion on gyrators. He shows a couple of examples of how to use them to simulate inductors in filter circuits. The whole dicussions was based on op-amps. I think the book is out of print and was not very popular so, it may be hard to find it.

Later,

One thing I haven't seen but am tempted to play with is the use of chip amps to make power gyrators for speaker crossovers. It might be cool for doing "infinite-slope" sort of implementations or shaping LF response.

is that the same as oscillator as in the Hartley, Colpitz and Armstrong oscillators that the FCC used to want me to know all about?

Wow, it's been more than 35 years since I sat down in the little test area in our local FCC office for my Advanced ticket. I remember Hartley and Colpitts, but not Armstrong. What is that? (There was also a Pierce, which IIRC was crystal-based)

Thanks friends.
I knew some of it, but not all, and that's the great thing about this forum. You get reminded of the things you ought to know, besides getting new directions.
Now I'll do some reading, before playing around.

Da5id4Vz:
I'm shure it's being used in oscillators, since it's another way of making an inductor.

Here we are (soory for the 741 but it was the one that was handy, I would of course use another one):

Attachments

• simulated_l.gif
    simulated_l.gif
    41.9 KB · Views: 220
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.