Peavey CS 800x power problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First things first, Hello all, I've read a few of the archived threads on here in the past and decided it was now time to become a member. There really seem to be quite a few knowledgeable people on here.

I am working on a Peavey cs 800x power amp. When you power it on, you can hear it engage/click/buzz and the DDT lights blink, then nothing. It just engages.... engages.... engages... in a never ending loop, the timing is not steady, sometimes there are greater or lessor pauses before it tries to engage. Each time it clicks/buzzes/engages the DDT lights also blink but nothing else. I unhooked everything from the power supply and tried again, still same thing, click.... click.... click.... The only thing that appears to work right is the fan which does kick on and run at a low speed.

Any ideas on what might be causing this? I have a meter and a scope and a camera, I can take readings, post pictures, whatever anyone needs. I'm a pinball mechanic, I'm proficient in electronics, I've never worked on a power amp. Any help would be great/

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.