AV400

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I intend to construct two channels of of the popular AV400 MOSFET amplifier. I have redesigned the PCB which was previously posted by some viewer of DIY audio site. This PCB accommodates large reservoir capacitors. The original design is not mine. Can some one debug the PCB from the schematic.

AV400 PCB ETCHED

I have just now etched pcb for AV400. More pictures later

Attachments

• DSC03048.jpg
    DSC03048.jpg
    492.1 KB · Views: 460
help for bias setting

Hello

excuse me if it was asked before . I have some problem with my newly built av400 amp.i don't know how to set to multiturn potentiometer to access the best sound quality and avoid produce excessive heat on IRFPs.
I wonder if it's possible for you to help me how can i set it practically .
I was reading the instruction written by Mr holton but i didn't get the point.

measure the voltage across your 1ohm source resistors, adjust pot for your required current.
i would suggest 10mV as a starting point, check all devices at this level, they should be 9-11mV if matched sufficiently.
When you have finished build, then try adjusting to suit your taste, heatsink etc. many threads already on this topic.

fortunately I got the point .

but my resistor voltages are varied. i set the highest voltage on 18mv but the others are 9mv and 10 mv and even 3 mv . how can i match the MOSFETs together. and what happend if they still unmatched?

thank you for helping me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.