the dartZeel NHB108 amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Stereophile has just issued a glowing review of this amp in the Sept '03 issue, FWIW.

Here is their website -
http://www.dartzeel.com/test/pagesE/NHB108_1_E.html

and I've attempted to attach a skeletal schematic (and the caveat that - "All drawings and schematics concerning the darTZeel NHB-108 model one are patent protected")

From what I can discern, it uses CFB, courtesty of Jean Higara, on the front end, and output sans global feedback ala LC audio or Altman's 'splif'.

The lack of an output Zoebel is not a result of the skeletal nature of the schematic, but rather a 'feature', for improved sonics. The amp will blow right up if you turn on the amp without a load connected.

I'd be interested in comments from my technical betters (which is most everyone).

Both Matin DeWulf and John Marks made an effort to inform the public that if they acted quickly, one could buy this amp for $10,000, prior to the price increase....

Attachments

• dartzeelamp.jpg
    dartzeelamp.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 1,292
To my opinion there are much better schematics and amps available. 6 (again six) transistors in the signal path is really not so low, my amps using max. 4 .

Both Matin DeWulf and John Marks made an effort to inform the public that if they acted quickly, one could buy this amp for $10,000, prior to the price increase....

Marketing ********. I'd wait until the price drops to $2000.

http://www.quatloos.com/
Quatloos.com is a public educational website covering a wide variety of financial scams and frauds, including wacky “prime bank” frauds, exotic foreign currency scams, offshore investment frauds, tax scams, “Pure Trust” structures and more.

100 Quatloons says you meant the Star Trek episode, Nelson.

Not sure if my spelling is right either.

pmkap said:
and I've attempted to attach a skeletal schematic (and the caveat that - "All drawings and schematics concerning the darTZeel NHB-108 model one are patent protected")

If you can read French, all the gory details are laid out in his world patent number WO03043185 which you can pull up at http://gb.espacenet.com/. The English abstract simply states:

The invention concerns a power amplifier consisting of three stages: a first feedback-free stage amplifying the input signal in current; a second stage amplifying in voltage the signal output from the first stage and comprising two direct current feedback half-circuits symmetrically implanted and operating over the whole frequency spectrum; a third feedback-free stage amplifying the current derived from the second stage and powering a loudspeaker.

se

paulb said:
100 Quatloons says you meant the Star Trek episode, Nelson.

I wonder how many bushels of quadrotriticale you could buy with 100 quatloos? :)

:note:
God wants dollars
God wants cents
God wants pounds shillings and pence
God wants guilders
God wants kroner
God wants Swiss francs
God wants French francs
God wants escudos
God wants psetas
Don't send lire
God don't want small potatoes

:note:

Not sure if my spelling is right either.

T'was quatloos.

se

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.