Dx hybrid amplifier will be produced soon - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th August 2011, 12:36 PM   #11
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Carlos,

Late now, long day, I will post tomorrow!

Hugh
Old 11th August 2011, 01:34 PM   #12
Bigun is offline Bigun  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSA View Post
Creative circuit, particularly the SS VAS drive!
This first schematic is not THE schematic ... it is a teaser, a demonstration of how one could make a standard LIN topology into a hybrid by simply swapping transistors for tubes. It's an intellectual challenge only - one I couldn't resist

I don't think people are looking for this kind of solution, it most likely would sound like a bad transistor amplifier and not like a hybrid, not like a good transistor or a good tube amplifier.

No, the DX Hybrid will require something different
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.

Last edited by Bigun; 11th August 2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11th August 2011, 03:36 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Default It is very good that you are around dear Bigun...you made this schematic yourself

I feel sorry that i am demanding about the output EF style...i do not like the tripple darlington, and also other circuit variations..this reduces your "range" of creativity.

Dx Corporation is having the benefit of your presence and cooperation... but i will understand if you decide different...because you have only the input to study.... i want to keep my old tested ideas..the tradition...the Dx Amplifier EF style that is the same Aksa 55 output...with minimum differences and variations.

Now we gonna test and develop this circuit you made Bigun.... please, if possible, do not publish our development....let's work between us for a while.

We are having Hugh...and this is positive.... is actually excelent.. but other ideas, different from the ones Hugh is offering, can come and will produce a mess if we decide to try all possibilities...we must follow our own ideas and to have a target and direction, a method..others have different ideas and they should make themselves.

You see that Hugh does not submit his designs to public appreciation..he do himself..and this is what made him so good..the was following one direction, his own philosophy and ideas about..he capture ideas but he do not collect suggestions for his amplifiers... reason why his amplifier are Aksa and not Daksa, Trakas or Saksa.

regards,

Carlos
Old 11th August 2011, 04:08 PM   #14
MiiB is offline MiiB  Denmark
diyAudio Member

sure work in hiding.. Then all will benefit and enjoy the progression as it develops....
Old 11th August 2011, 04:50 PM   #15
lineup is offline lineup  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Not to be too unkind,
I think Carlos is TOO SOON to publish this.
It is not the first time. Carlos can not keep his fingers long enough
from the "NEW TOPIC" button.
Better to have some good solid material and schematic BEFORE start topic.

Anyway, it is no big harm done. Really.
But readers/builders will be confused and nervous.
Right now we do not know much for certain.

Regards
Lineup - who will wait for one direction for this hybrid.
Old 11th August 2011, 05:17 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Default Sorry folks...my mistake..this was only to be announced that we will make

a Hybrid, and informing the joint venture is on the run...the design is to be release next year.

I do think i was not clear that would released next year...my error....as i am, together Bigun, starting to do something about...we are busy with other amplifiers... several running same time...but will be released one after the other in a sequence.

This is just for Dx Corporation friends to know we are working... no schematic will be published anymore as this is our internal work.... confidential, private and secret on the run work...something to protect the identity, not o be polluted by other different ideas or approached... i forgot to arrange that secrecy with Bigun...now we have made some agreements about.

Some nervous feeling, alike excitement, or curiosity..well... this is one of the good things we are doing.... shacking the "status quo".

The idea is to be happy as you gonna have new things next year... Zuper A and Hybrid... and maybe more than one Hybrid, as Bigun has his own ideas about...we can make three..one from the joint venture, other exclusive Dx and other exclusive TGM.

We are working for our pleasure and working for your pleasure too...new toys for our life...this means for your life too.

You can do even better Lineup...what about to produce yours too.... some Hybrid using tubes... i do think you did with Fets.... these are not that hybrid as fets are transistors too....maybe something more hardcore.

But my notice reserves to the Dx Corporation to be the first one that started a DIY, for free, Hybrid (tube plus transistors amplifiers.... next ones will be copying the idea)... a pre launch was made.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 11th August 2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11th August 2011, 05:52 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

I personally think the lineup started thread Jfet to lateral was one of the best SS threads for a long time....All completely out in the open, many ideas and a few to keep the project on track....The thread was both educational and transparent....an example to be followed...
This working behind closed doors with teasers.. gives an impression of warming the forum audience up for something commercial...hidden advertising so to speak...and is not my cup of tea....but then again just my humble opinion....

The idea of a tube/bipolar hybrid is however very exiting....and I do hope it stays in the open..

I made hybrid once with a triode followed by capacitor coupled lateral mosfets, and while it sounded extremely good from the mid-band and up..it also lacked some energy and punch in the lower stretches..
do Hope this future design could better that....
Old 11th August 2011, 06:17 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Default Yes... line up is very good..and he use the same simulator i am using

So, he has a good reference to help him...and he loves simulators.

I want to see his Hybrid and tube to beat my one....hehehehe..i will eat my one and will make a movie proving i have eated if he succeed to beat mine one.

Mine will be assembled and tuned..and his will not be assembled..so...mine will be better.... 300% guaranteed....the only chance he has to match or beat uncle charlie, is if he starts to assemble and tune listening.... no other way.

As he never do this way..... heheheh..already lost..in advance... we will give him a honored second place.

Simulator only simulates and give us numbers...do not play music..we cannot evaluate sonics and tuning will not appear in sonics...so..will be only a number conversation with another number.... Dx Corporation build... and listen... and adjust...method is better... result use to be better.

Sometimes misadjustment sounds even better... the one works with simulator only... will never accept something a little bit out of "best theoretical operational point"...so...will not reach the optimized sittuation that sometimes is different than best theoretical operational point.

As you already know he is good, dear Miib, assemble his tube hybrid.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 11th August 2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11th August 2011, 06:28 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Default I will eat the tubes and will shot the amplifier

If anyone that works with simulator only succeed to beat mine.

My legs are shacking so scared i am about guys that uses mainly, simulators...i will eat mine!

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hehehe.jpg (35.5 KB, 401 views)
File Type: jpg Gonna eat it!.jpg (70.0 KB, 390 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 11th August 2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11th August 2011, 07:05 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Ohh.. it was not the result of the JFET input, MOSFET VAS, LATERAL output = Perfect!! thread I like as much as the process in which the result is created.. with a good mix of participants...some building other giving hints and suggestions...with Swordfish Mikelm and also Hugh being the main contribution to build on lineups starting point....The thread had a very good tone and i do also believe a nice end result.. With Hugh Aksa providing a spin off layout group buy(PCB) ..

This thread has the potential to gather folks from both SS and tube readers...and if managed well it could potentially be a true winner...in terms of results and recognition....Hope Hugh will contribute as well as wavebourn and others with good tube experiences...

Last edited by MiiB; 11th August 2011 at 07:08 PM. Reason: lousy spelling.....

Hide this!Advertise here!