Dx Zuper A - a new amplifier to be released in July 17th - 2012 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th August 2011, 07:58 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Dx Zuper A - a new amplifier to be released in July 17th - 2012

It is a new amplifier....based in the Hx, but now operating with automatic bias.

Class A operation that reminds the Super A from Technics...but better...distortion at low power reduces from 0.007% THD to almost 0.0003% THD.... at high power distortion remains the same 0.004% THD.

A new amplifier to Class A lovers...but not class A all time long...while you go increasing volume the amplifier will switch to class AB without noises.

I do not know about sonics.... will be released if result good.

So, there are several models to come:

MKIII-Hx with 4 output pairs (reduced power, to save your money with transistors) - to be released October

Hx Home Edition - 2 output pairs..tuned circuit to operate from 30 to 42 volts supplies - to be released December, 24th

Hx Mini Edition - 1 output pair...tuned circuit to operate from 15 to 27 volts supplies - to be released December, 24th

Dx Zuper A - 1 ouput pair..tuned to operate at 35 volts supplies, to be released next year, at July the sevententh.

All DIY amplifiers....board layout will be offered for you to etch at home...if people decide we can provide group buys for boards at cost price.

Dx Corporation now had more layout designers..... not only Alex mm, Todd Johnson, RAJ, Klaas Veenstra, Nico Daneel, Mitchel and many others, but we will have new young guys with brand new ideas about layout design.

Maybe Meanman and Byron will also produce layouts....we already have Joel Tayag working on that too.

I do not like class A amplifier because several reasons...but you love class A by several reasons too.... and i will do what some guys may want.

All discrete.... sensors for bias are made using only transistors.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 6th August 2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 6th August 2011, 10:15 PM   #2
Bigun is offline Bigun  Canada
diyAudio Member

this sounds interesting - let's see something !
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.
Old 6th August 2011, 10:49 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default It's a zecret.... Zuper A is a zecret.

Sorry bigun....come to my email and then i will tell you something....if you can keep zecret.

regards,

Carlos
Old 7th August 2011, 09:51 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default The idea is simple, the implementation is not that simple

Well, i had to work for more than 40 hours to figure out how to make it work, the adjustments are not easy too.

Circuit is dense, has only transistors and diodes...no IC as shown...these ones represents circuits ....so, operational circuits.

Was not tried, yet, real world...problems will appear when assembled....then i will have a hard time...reason why i will release next year as i am sure will be hard to me to do it real world.... in the simulator was not easy too.

I cannot talk too much...this is all for a while...next year we gonna talk more about.

I will not explain or comment circuit details as i have omitted parts and connections in order to avoid people copying it...this one is really a Dx Corporation Design, from the scratch..... but i will share with you, if not exactly this one, at least a diy version will be presented.

I am absolutely sure the realization of that in the real world, ie, a working prototype, will be a complicated delivery, which will create immense challenges for my poor knowledge in the theoretical area ... but I'll be successful with hard work ... I'll catch up, take a beating ... but I will make it... and better to my spirit.. i will do it by myself.... i will do it by myself, alone and without cooperation, to prove to myself that i can face such kind of challenge.

It works in the simulator....there everything works fine... real life is another thing.

Some resistors are in the reality transistor junctions (transference resistor = transistor)... three connections omited in order to avoid people to be copying.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Idea is simple, but implementation is not that simple.jpg (61.1 KB, 240 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 7th August 2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old 7th August 2011, 12:36 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Carlos are you sure it is Zuper and not Super?
Old 7th August 2011, 01:57 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default It is Super A ... i used the Z in place to make it different

from the patented Super A from Technics.... mine is different...so is is Zuper instead of Super.... was the way i found to induce people to see it is Super A and to induce that it is not the same Super A.

Zuper A name made me understand i could avoid to be explaining all that stuff..hehehehe..i think was a mistake.... we see that you had doubts about...so..the message, the strategy have not worked for you.

The idea, the technology, is Super A, as it works in Class A in low power levels and bias is reduced when you increase output power...so, operates class AB while in normal use, and in class A when you use it low power (and this is what usually happens, to operate low power).

In my mind, from someone alike me that has allergic reactions only to think about the heat generated, is the only way to accept, or tolerate, a class A amplifier...because several reasons... and these reasons are minimized in this one.. and have the appeal to be class A...and people believes class A is very good in sonics.... well.... i do not agree but i respect other guys opinions about, as they may be right....now my targed are these guys... the Class A headed folks as they do not mind about Dx amplifiers..... well...now they will.

This things are alike building... building is the technology, where you build one stage above the other.... but building can have many different approaches, shape, high, structure, balance, weight, resistance to air, resistance to earthquake, dual line, bridged, heliptical, rounded, and many ways to achieve the idea to make a building...so, this is the way i am doing... a different building.

Super A is this idea...basically the amplifier is hot when idle or when you play low power...and this you adjust how hot it can be when idle...and has more efficiency and less heat when you play the unit full power...then the heat will be the same of a class AB amplifier because it will be biased this way...in AB point...low current biasing....so.... the idea is Super A....but made different, other kind of circuits, other kind of sensors.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 7th August 2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old 7th August 2011, 02:03 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

OK said nothing bout must say you're a very busy man ,Carlos

Last edited by meanman1964; 7th August 2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old 7th August 2011, 02:44 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Default This amplifier i so complicated that i think no one will want it

And once more i see that people that complicates is because they do not know how to make simple..... make simple things is what shows a good designer...the ones complicates (me) are not a good designers... are just people trying to be... sadly this is the reality...if i was good it would be simple.

People make things complicated because they are unable to make it simple. (Einstein)

Well..i will try to make it simple to be good too.

regards,

Carlos
Old 7th August 2011, 02:52 PM   #9
lineup is offline lineup  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Albert Einstein Quotes
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...
It takes a touch of genius
- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
Old 7th August 2011, 03:07 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default You are a good designer Lineup...you make things simple

I do think you are a designer...i am trying to be...one day i will be as good as you are.

regards,

Carlos

Hide this!Advertise here!