Simple Symetrical Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Strange.

ssm2131pa.gif

This is strange :confused:
I think the amplifier is oscilating, everytime i whant to measure a voltave on any point of schematic the smps protection is activating, protection is set little over 9A
I tried to measure mid bridge voltage as you requested and protection is activated, same thing happened when i tried to measure voltage on IRF gate
Input of the amplifier is connected to GND

Last edited:
I known it's a must an osciloscope, but unfortunately i don't have one

Borrow one, it is essential. :yes:

Basic rule to connect newly made DIY amp to power supply, is to connect both DC rails via serial resistors 22-33 Ohm/10 W which serves to protect the amp and output transistors from failure in a case of a wrong assembly or oscillations. This also enables to perform measurements in such abnormal conditions safely. ;)

Today I have some time to measure some voltages
First I connect to GND all the pcb traces used for normal rectifier and replace those fuses with 33ohm/10W resistors
This is good because oscilations are gone, now i can measure voltage on any point of schematic with no problem at all
Here is what i measure so far

Attachments

• SSA 20BIGBT Voltages.jpg
    SSA 20BIGBT Voltages.jpg
    838.2 KB · Views: 871
Today I have some time to measure some voltages
First I connect to GND all the pcb traces used for normal rectifier and replace those fuses with 33ohm/10W resistors
This is good because oscilations are gone, now i can measure voltage on any point of schematic with no problem at all
Here is what i measure so far

So now you have good starting ground to calibrate SSA to working conditions. :yes:

You're not so far away, indicated from your measurements values, DC offset should change in both directions and finally set it to zero. Bias through each output BJT should be 100 mA and when you'll come to this conditions, you can freely disconnect safety serial resistors and connect SSA directly to PSU via 5A/T fuses. ;)

hi dear Lc
whether you want to use such an arrangement to ssa
Is there a spot you want to correct?

Yes, according to all experiences gained from SSA, TSSA and VSSA I would change input current injection point, since that improves thermal stability into rock solid as in VSSA. :cool:

That complexity of the amp would be disastrous if it would have unstable output bias and if it would walk around zero DC like a drunker, also in this way you won't need any DC servo at all. :cool:

So how to make it hehe, let me see your approach and if you cannot transform and adapt it, I'll help. :cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.