Simple Symetrical Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do you find the servo doesn't impact negatively the sound?
The most common error is to consider servos outside from the signal path. They are in. So it is necessary, if you are looking for the best performances (and sound quality) to care about the IC performance (ultra low distortion and noise) and cap quality. If you achieve-it, and if the FC of the servo is low enough to have no phase shift in the audio range, you will have no change on sound signature.

The most common error is to consider servos outside from the signal path. They are in. So it is necessary, if you are looking for the best performances (and sound quality) to care about the IC performance (ultra low distortion and noise) and cap quality. If you achieve-it, and if the FC of the servo is low enough to have no phase shift in the audio range, you will have no change on sound signature.]
Has this servo being designed in such a good way? Should I go for this circuit?

Does a different opamp requires changes to circuit (compensation caps or others) or can I just swap the opamp leaving the circuit unaltered?:confused:
Tl 072 was a dual OPA, one side not used, not very elegant. So , you will have to modify the board accordingly to feat a single OPA. All OPAs have the same pin-out, but differs from single to dual.
You can chose the ones you want, as long as they are fet Inputs, and unity gain stable. Just add, on the printed circuit a compensation cap in // with the feedback resistance, that you will use, or not.

To servo or not to servo?

I was reading some old - and other not so old - threads about servos and I'm having second thoughts. Seems to be the servos always add something to the audio signal. The question is - is it audible? I don't have the experience to know this. I fell in love with the SSA and I don't want anything to spoil it's beautifull sound! But again, my speaker protection circuit is only trigered if the amp outputs more than 0.7V of dc. Perhaps not today or tomorrow or next week but what if in a few months the output goes 0.5V dc? There goes woofers... So, to servo or not to servo?:confused:

Last edited:
I'm afraid I can't... The schematics weren't published only the pcb layout here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/193923-simple-symetrical-amplifier-343.html#post3202016
Ok, just to change the implantation for single OPA.
Don't worry about signal degradation, just audiophile stupidity, it works outside from the audio bandwitch. Just use film cap and good OPA. You take no risk, as you can remove-it any time.

If you use double OPA, please use this schematic.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/193923-simple-symetrical-amplifier-22.html#post3205884

If you'll use a single OPA, i can try to modify the layout for it.

Ok, just to change the implantation for single OPA.
Don't worry about signal degradation, just audiophile stupidity, it works outside from the audio bandwitch. Just use film cap and good OPA. You take no risk, as you can remove-it any time.
Great!:) Thanks!:)

If you'll use a single OPA, i can try to modify the layout for it.
That would be great too!:cool: I have some single opamps opa132 and opa267 in my parts bin

Thank you

here it is:

Attachments

• servo1.gif
    servo1.gif
    160.6 KB · Views: 558
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.