Simple Symetrical Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SSA BIGBT PCB rev 1.5

same PCB dressed :) same size 145 mm X 86 mm and B & W file for toner transfer or photo ......:cool: Thanks for the kind words addressed to me :)
Alex.

Attachments

• SSA BIGBT BASIC 1.1.jpg
    SSA BIGBT BASIC 1.1.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 1,243
  • SSA BIGBT BASIC 1.1ALL.pdf
    109.5 KB · Views: 482
  • SSA BIGBT BASIC 1.1 BW PCB.pdf
    33.3 KB · Views: 407
LC....

I was thinking your basic circuit, but with lateral fets (2SK216/2SJ79 instead of the IRF 9610/610.. the laterals have only two third's of the Ciss capacitance...and also negative tempco...So I believe you can take away the VBE and instead use the simpler resistor biasing

MiiB I successfully built the one that you are referring to last year in Decmeber, it sounded stunning and is currently my main listening amplifier.

Attachments

• DSC00310.JPG
    DSC00310.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 1,143
LC....

I was thinking your basic circuit, but with lateral fets (2SK216/2SJ79 instead of the IRF 9610/610.. the laterals have only two third's of the Ciss capacitance...and also negative tempco...So I believe you can take away the VBE and instead use the simpler resistor biasing

Hi Miib

Of course IRF's can be replaced with 2SK216/2SJ79 but I am not sure if the tempco sum will be flat. If so, than SSA BIGBT Basic can be built without Vbe multiplier. Now when the board is ready you can check that in practice. ;)

I will use this board as prototype base PCB for SSA BIGBT High Performance version. :)

Hi Lazy Cat,

Originally Posted by MiiB View Post
LC....

I had a similar circuit with IRF620/IRFP620 and i had problems with a stable BIAS.

I also would make thicker traces for the power-BJT in the layout.

But I like your circuit :)

Last edited:
Hi Lasy Cat, i have a bunch of MJL3281/1302 laying around. I take a look at SC5359/SA1987 datasheet and they seems to me to quite near on MJL characteristics, only toshiba cob is 360pf as Onsemi cob is 600pf the reste is quite the same. Do you think they could be good candidate for SSA BIGBT?
I have a pair of 300Va 2x25V laying under bench as a pair of 200x200x40mm heatsink too. These could be a good begining for SSA BIBGT

Regards Marc

Last edited:
It would be great if Alex prepare an extra PCB for all-japan bjt devices with respecting Nico's circuit.

I wonder why all pcbs have power supply unit? Is there reason for that amplifier should be close to power unit? If it is not mandatory, PCBs should be bare in my opinion.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.