Simple Symetrical Amplifier - Page 43 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th August 2011, 07:16 PM   #421
diyAudio Member

Very well Bigun, nice incarnation of SSA.

OLG adjustment:

- R2 ratio to R20
- R7 ratio to R19
- R14 ratio to R16
- R15 ratio to R21
- omit R3, R8 you don't need these two at +/-36V rails

CLG adjustment:

- R5 ratio to R1 +1
- R10 ratio to R6 + 1
- both loops symmetrically adjusted

Please feel freely to experiment further.
Old 24th August 2011, 07:21 PM   #422
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico Ras View Post
Hi All,

I think there are three "tested" schematics here, the L-MOSFET, Michael's (MiiB) BJT version and Andrej's IGBT version.

If I may suggest that Alex would could start a thread where his PCB layout and the associated "tried" schematics are posted for those who want to build and try this superb design for themselves without having to search 400+ posts, but keep that thread totally uncluttered of comments other than PCB layout comments.

Why I am suggesting Alex if he has the time is that he is the only one that has a schematic and BOM that matches up with a PCB on his computer.

Discussions and new ideas remain here on this thread. Any comments on this suggestion?

Regards

Nico
Very good idea Nico.

I would only suggest that all incarnations-versions starts with the SSA name to know the general topic and than the name of the specific version. That would be polite and reasonable to DIY members interested to built and to search among the SSA threads.

OK, can be also different of course.
Old 24th August 2011, 07:31 PM   #423
diyAudio Member

Thanks Andrej. How about it Alex, are you prepared to do this. Of course there is no hurry.

It will aid a lot of members that are late joiners or just want to build a great amp without tediously studying this thread to pull the pieces together.
Old 24th August 2011, 08:18 PM   #424
radio is offline radio  Macedonia
Banned

Hi all!
I can not wait to get to a "happy end", ... good power amplifier with UCC=+ /-36V and output complementary pair 2SC5200/2SA1943!
Then I will build it, let's go ahead and,.. ...!

Regards
Old 24th August 2011, 08:26 PM   #425
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
Sin Bin

Quote:
Originally Posted by juma View Post
That's what happens when we have a thread with 100 schematics and neither of them has a clear, distinctive name...
The best we can do now is to refer to them by post number.
Yes Juma, it is getting difficult to keep track of good , better, best ..

LC, Nico, Alex,

May i suggest a board incorporating the original SSA, the modded SSA as now being used by LC /Nico and the bigger more powerful version as suggested with 8 outputs/ch. This way with one board one could build all or any version of the SSA, similar to what was done by Cvilliers for the F5 ..

regards,
Old 24th August 2011, 08:44 PM   #426
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sng001 View Post
Hi Nico,

Did you change the C12 & C13 from 12pF to 3.3pF?

You also said that you would implement some of the MiiB's changes, can you please post your latest schematics?

Best regards, Stanley
Yes I have changed to 3,3pF from 12pF which rolled off to quickly. I have approximately 80 degrees phase margin which is ample. Does it sound different - Absolutely not. It may irritate some bats.
Old 24th August 2011, 08:48 PM   #427
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
Yes Juma, it is getting difficult to keep track of good , better, best ..

LC, Nico, Alex,

May i suggest a board incorporating the original SSA, the modded SSA as now being used by LC /Nico and the bigger more powerful version as suggested with 8 outputs/ch. This way with one board one could build all or any version of the SSA, similar to what was done by Cvilliers for the F5 ..
regards,
Might be a mind bender for Alex, but I think he is a clever boy.
Old 24th August 2011, 08:53 PM   #428
diyAudio Member

There is a special artistry involved when laying out a decent looking as well as working PCB - some has it most just cannot, You have mastered this art Alex. I start a PCB the same time as you taking me hours then it looks like puke. You do it in a lot less time and it turns out a masterpiece.
Old 24th August 2011, 09:03 PM   #429
diyAudio Member

Quote:
There is a special artistry involved when laying out a decent looking as well as working PCB - some has it most just cannot, You have mastered this art Alex. I start a PCB the same time as you taking me hours then it looks like puke. You do it in a lot less time and it turns out a masterpiece.
I hope one day to be able to lay out stable, good looking pcbs for solid state amps, even half as good as alex mm.

Right now I can only do power supplies and such.

Maybe I better get learning if I want my special size boards for this amplifier. Or, I will have to find somebody and pay them.

But then that still leaves the amp. I need a two pair BJT version to run off of +-~50VDC... Guess I will have to get sketching and see if I can't come up with it myself. And not screw it up.

As for suggestions for boards, I would go with what somebody said a little bit ago -- maybe have a seperate board for input circuitry and seperate interchangeable boards for output stage. This would make things more universal, and people could just as well switch out output stages to see the result without redesigning a whole new PCB for it all.
Old 24th August 2011, 10:06 PM   #430
sng001 is offline sng001  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Yes I have changed to 3,3pF from 12pF which rolled off to quickly. I have approximately 80 degrees phase margin which is ample.
Hi Nico,

Thanks for the answer.

I also agree that AlexMM is the master of PCB layout, he consistently outperform himself. I will fiddle with his single-LFET version a tiny bit to fit an existing heatsink & bigger filter capacitors.

Cheers, Stanley

Hide this!Advertise here!