Simple Symetrical Amplifier - Page 374 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th January 2013, 07:13 PM   #3731
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keantoken View Post
But you are not filtering extreme signals from the opamp. Any input/feedback signal regardless of BW will enter the opamp's output, no? Does the simulator model the effects of opamp output impedance?
I believe yes. I don't understand "enter op amp output", Keantoken. (This opa is able to drive video lines so, low impedance even at very HF and is charged by 3K. What do you fear ?)
The level of error signal is so low at audio frequencies that slew rate of the error will be negligible comparing the the ones of the OPA and Power amp itself. (both 1000V/µs)

Last edited by Esperado; 4th January 2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 4th January 2013, 08:03 PM   #3732
diyAudio Member

I read a previous post incorrectly. I have nothing to add. Keep up the interesting work!
Old 17th January 2013, 07:51 AM   #3733
diyAudio Member

ugh.... technospeak, technospeak and more technospeak. could someone please translate all of this in to sound quality of this design? i'm not getting much out of this thread or the one about fetzilla, i think... this foreign language is making my head hurt and me forget stuff now.

i was getting a little but of something when someone talked about speed, detail and bandwidth, but alas it was only theoretical talk and not a review of this design SQ. just looking for a non technical lowdown to see if maybe i try buidling one of these instead of maybe a gainclone or get a trends or even kingrex class D.

i'd like a fast and detailed amp that isn't lifeless or syrupy thick either.

Last edited by budget minded; 17th January 2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old 17th January 2013, 08:15 AM   #3734
mikelm is offline mikelm  England
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mikelm
I think both one of the SSA options or the fetzilla would be very much the kind of sound you are looking for. Hopefully and SSA kit will be coming up soon ? ? ?

Any news on that Lazy Cat ?
Old 17th January 2013, 08:45 AM   #3735
naf is offline naf  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

i build ssa shaan version and it sound very good. worth to build.
Old 17th January 2013, 10:43 PM   #3736
diyAudio Member

what's up with all the talk i keep seeing about tweaking bias etc. after the amp is built? i'd rather just get a kit that you build and be done with it with adequate instructions for someone whose never done anything more ambitious than solder speaker cables that thinks he could confidently build a speaker crossover as long as no resistors (have to be installed directionally, right?) are needed.

i was originally interested in DIY amps because of simple gainclones with just 9 parts. when i start seeing pics by people i'm guessing are more experienced than me asking if they mounted everything right, memories of my NAD blowing up when my subwoofer wires shorted come back. *pop pop pop*! flash and oh all that smoke

all the other talk about making changes to power rails and filtering too make me think this might be too big a project to attempt for me. my mind is allergic to abstractions. i understand mechanics much better as you can see what's going on.

Last edited by budget minded; 17th January 2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 18th January 2013, 12:26 AM   #3737
diyAudio Member

Shaan tried SSA with servo, PCB is at post #3428, so no adjustments, I think it's easy for beginners to build. I'm not sure anybody made it yet.
Old 18th January 2013, 01:38 AM   #3738
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to smartx21 Send a message via Skype™ to smartx21
Default Try DX!

Quote:
Originally Posted by budget minded View Post
what's up with all the talk i keep seeing about tweaking bias etc. after the amp is built? i'd rather just get a kit ...
... all the other talk about making changes to power rails and filtering too make me think this might be too big a project to attempt for me. my mind is allergic to abstractions. i understand mechanics much better as you can see what's going on.
Search for DestroyerX's threads!
You will feel as comfortable as being at home.
Old 18th January 2013, 01:49 AM   #3739
mikelm is offline mikelm  England
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mikelm
I think from what he says budget minded would prefer assembled & tested boards to which he can add a PSU & box etc - not sure what to recommend for this.
Old 18th January 2013, 03:21 AM   #3740
diyAudio Member

I would recommend an Hypex Nc400 with its dedicated power supply.

Hide this!Advertise here!