Simple Symetrical Amplifier - Page 365 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th November 2012, 07:09 PM   #3641
diyAudio Member

Klippel is working on a model for 40years. I think his latest model has 100 plus components.
This is just a basic overview :http://www.klippel.de/fileadmin/klip...ity_Poster.pdf
Why not connect a speaker while measuring ? OK; it gets pretty nasty loud.
Old 11th November 2012, 07:45 PM   #3642
shaan is offline shaan  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperado View Post
I do not understand why they do not provide an easy square waves generator, where you set the frequency, the level, and the offset... and, by default potentiometers, trasfos, and some other very ordinary parts we use all the time.
Hi Christophe.

Simetrix is the answer. I use it to sim everything from solid state relay to resonant ZVS flyback converter to SSA.

It has an easy square/sine/saw/triangle/pulse generator with offset/delay and other parameters. Also a bidirectional pulse generator, potentiometers, electrolytic caps, inductors and transformers. All with settable parameters and a very easy interface.

Attached Images
File Type: png sim.PNG (32.4 KB, 414 views)
File Type: png sim1.PNG (24.1 KB, 402 views)
Old 11th November 2012, 08:46 PM   #3643
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaan View Post
Hi Christophe.
Simetrix is the answer.
Thanks a lot, Shaan, i will try this.

BTW; interesting sims, may-be ?
My amp CFB vs VFB. The two sims are from the upper input VAS stage.
Don't compare the two low and high ends frequencies, the CFB is bandwidth limited for production, while VFB tuned to explore extremes.
Attached Images
File Type: gif vas.gif (34.8 KB, 397 views)
Old 11th November 2012, 09:12 PM   #3644
diyAudio Member

The graphs are difficult to compare because the scales are not synchronized.

Both CFB and VFB depend heavily on implementation. I'm not sure what part of the circuit these traces are from but I would guess the input stage for the VFB version has much higher transconductance necessitating more compensation to load it down enough at RF to stabilize it.

If the traces are taken from the VAS input, then the rail voltage variations will be added to the signal, obscuring the actual behavior of that node. Unless you used perfect voltage sources for the supply.
Old 11th November 2012, 09:25 PM   #3645
diyAudio Member

CSA prototype functional at last. Today I installed output BJTs, so the output BIGBTs are finally completed. Closed loop stability compensation scheme without any change as expected, output bias tested up to 0,5 A, DC offset +/-10 mV, very stable output. Sine waves from generator OK, 100 kHz square waves OK. The only thing left to finalize is temperature compensation for the main heatsink, 10 k NTC used as temperature sensor (pic), only 15 pF from NTC to housing (case GND) means also from VAS output to GND.
CSA's next stage is to finish the second channel and housing with heatsinks, toroids, etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NC34.jpg (582.6 KB, 405 views)
File Type: jpg NC35.jpg (532.9 KB, 361 views)
File Type: jpg NC36.jpg (616.0 KB, 188 views)
Old 11th November 2012, 09:39 PM   #3646
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Cat View Post
CSA prototype functional at last. Today I installed output BJTs, so the output BIGBTs are finally completed. Closed loop stability compensation scheme without any change as expected, output bias tested up to 0,5 A, DC offset +/-10 mV, very stable output. Sine waves from generator OK, 100 kHz square waves OK. The only thing left to finalize is temperature compensation for the main heatsink, 10 k NTC used as temperature sensor (pic), only 15 pF from NTC to housing (case GND) means also from VAS output to GND.
CSA's next stage is to finish the second channel and housing with heatsinks, toroids, etc.
What and why are those wire soldered to the fuses?
Old 11th November 2012, 09:44 PM   #3647
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanchile View Post
What and why are those wire soldered to the fuses?
hehe in testing phase instead of a real fuses, blown ones takes their place. Those wires connects 25 ohm/20 W resistor on both rails to prevent any outputs damage when closed loop stability is calibrating to optimal local feedback C. I use trimmer C on both VAS sides to find optimal capacitance. In CSA they're around 10 pF.
Old 11th November 2012, 09:50 PM   #3648
diyAudio Member

Two C trimmers for compensation on pic. When settled to optimal value, they're replaced with fixed ones.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NC33.jpg (506.3 KB, 204 views)
Old 11th November 2012, 10:20 PM   #3649
diyAudio Member

L.C ? Did you have time to provide the differential input SSA sim file ?
Old 11th November 2012, 10:40 PM   #3650
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keantoken View Post
The graphs are difficult to compare because the scales are not synchronized.
Look at the phases sens and what happens around 1Khz. This does not change whatever the current values.

Hide this!Advertise here!