Simple Symetrical Amplifier - Page 364 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th November 2012, 11:34 AM   #3631
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I think simulator is sufficient to linearize the peak at HF, also the pulse test.
I don't. We are working at very HF for audio and simulator do not take parasitic caps in consideration.
Old 11th November 2012, 11:51 AM   #3632
Jay is offline Jay  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperado View Post
I don't. We are working at very HF for audio and simulator do not take parasitic caps in consideration.
Strange that many good amplifiers simulated well (precisely) as if they are designed in simulator. Or, good amp must be simulated well but well simulated amp is not always a good amp?
Old 11th November 2012, 12:41 PM   #3633
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Strange that many good amplifiers simulated well (precisely) as if they are designed in simulator. Or, good amp must be simulated well but well simulated amp is not always a good amp?
Not a question of good or not good in my mind. Just, when some pF can change the phase behavior of an amplifier, and, if you do not provide to the simulator the parasitic caps...
Real parts have disparities,too.

I don't know any amp witch is not tuned in real world.
Old 11th November 2012, 02:25 PM   #3634
diyAudio Member

This said, i'm not at all an expert in simulation.
Most of the girls are better on that.
Old 11th November 2012, 02:53 PM   #3635
Jay is offline Jay  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperado View Post
This said, i'm not at all an expert in simulation.
Most of the girls are better on that.
Old 11th November 2012, 03:11 PM   #3636
MiiB is offline MiiB  Denmark
diyAudio Member

You can just use the simulator as a guideline, to see if the currents are ca Ok and how the thermals are. you can use it across topologies to see how they match up, and other rough work, But replace Real test circuits it can't. and being a judge of sonic qualities in amplifier is simply not possible, as there's so much a simulator does not tell us any thing about...!!
there has been some quite muddy discussions on VFB vs CFB going on based on simulations that took us nowhere... What if CFB (like i SSA and TSSA) are simply better at dealing with loudspeaker return currents...? so what we here in real-life is simply not visible in sims as the dynamic load-case is not the mimicking real life situations... (just a thought)
Old 11th November 2012, 03:18 PM   #3637
diyAudio Member

I second that. Simplicity and real behavior on loudspeakers may be the key to good sound.
I rarely see measurements done with a loudspeaker connected. Here a guy has at least done that with a tube amp :SUPRA-Triodenschaltung von Frank Kneifel
Old 11th November 2012, 07:42 PM   #3638
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim Gerhard View Post
I rarely see measurements done with a loudspeaker connected.
Interesting link, but i suppose his model is not enough.
I wonder why LTSpice does not provide models for loudspeaker charges. I mean real models, with the current mechanically induced while the cone is not fully stopped in its resonances at transients.
The second thing i do not understand is why they do not provide an easy square waves generator, where you set the frequency, the level, and the offset... and, by default potentiometers, trasfos, and some other very ordinary parts we use all the time.
I'm bored with their stupid interface...
Old 11th November 2012, 07:53 PM   #3639
diyAudio Member

LTSpice was designed for simulating switching regulator designs. Audio power amps were probably the last thing on the mind of Linear when they created it.
Old 11th November 2012, 07:55 PM   #3640
MiiB is offline MiiB  Denmark
diyAudio Member

LT-spice may NOT have Amplifier DIY fanatics as their main target...)

Modeling loudspeakers may just be a difficult discipline in itself...There I know for sure that models and reality does not match...they are simply NOT the same....

Hide this!Advertise here!