Simple Symetrical Amplifier - Page 362 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th November 2012, 05:55 PM   #3611
shaan is offline shaan  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahab View Post
(I AM ANGRY)
Thank you wahab. The guy knows me well. I am sorry that this is very painful for you.

You probably missed his previous posts where it is clear that he is the experimenting type, not babble type, unlike some people in this forum. Also I doubt he cares about scientific facts more than the sound quality(subjective, we can't enter). What's your problem if he's tin-eared and likeS the distorted output???

He has mentioned he is a beginner so wouldn't it be better to show him a picture of the proper darlington config for his schematic or just briefly describe it indicating the parts needed? This is called helping. "lightyears away from a 60's hifi" is not helping.

I won't argue with you anymore on any topic. Have been flamed enough, crackling all day.

Happy listening.
Old 9th November 2012, 05:58 PM   #3612
wahab is offline wahab  Algeria
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaan View Post
T
You probably missed his previous posts where it is clear that he is the experimenting type, not babble type, unlike some people in this forum. Also I doubt he cares about scientific facts more than the sound quality(subjective, we can't enter). What's your problem if he's tin-eared and likeS the distorted output???

He has mentioned he is a beginner so wouldn't it be better to show him a picture of the proper darlington config for his schematic or just briefly describe it indicating the parts needed? This is called helping. "lightyears away from a 60's hifi" is not helping.
I didnt miss anything , see my previous post , it answer this one....
Old 9th November 2012, 06:09 PM   #3613
shaan is offline shaan  India
diyAudio Member

PeeCeeBee with servo. As promised. A solder mask has been added. Hope I didn't miss anything.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf SSA_MONO_SERVO_LAYOUT.pdf (24.6 KB, 202 views)
File Type: pdf SSA_MONO_SERVO_SOLDERMASK.pdf (64.7 KB, 142 views)
File Type: pdf SSA_MONO_SERVO_SILKSCREEN.pdf (187.7 KB, 174 views)
Old 9th November 2012, 07:16 PM   #3614
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahab View Post
Seriously , would you build for yourself what is seemingly the worst iteration of this amp.?..
In fact, may-be.
That's exactly the way i proceed when i want to learn something from a topology.
Having a distorted open loop is a good way to evaluate feedback behavior.
Optimizing simple schematics is a good way to evaluate (and enjoy) the influence of each step.
Then it is easy to add good CSS and look/listen at the changes, current margins as you advice, improve some poles speed without/with Cascodes etc...
It seems obvious (may-be i'm wrong ?) that it is the way Naf want to proceed, because there is in this thread enough ready to use versions of SSA.
Of course, everybody have no interest to experiment again and again the same things, so there is some reptilian habits after some years ...it saves time but can let-us away from some new interesting track......

As a example, Shaan has experienced CCS vs single resistance and shared with us very interesting listening impressions about that.
My mistake to had not taken enough attention until now about CSS behaviors in the time domain. A new track to experiment, thanks to him.
Old 10th November 2012, 11:26 AM   #3615
naf is offline naf  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi naf.

Good to see that you want to go further with SSA than just stop and type and discuss and etc.

Your schematic seems okay, but some points...

1. Use fixed resistors of 1K2 value in place of R3 and U2.

2. Use offset control at the input like your last SSA. Two 10K trimmers + 1uF + 1Meg. Much easier.

3. Use 10K for R17. 1K for R7. Remove R18.

4. R4 and R8 should be 1Watt type.

5. C3 in not essential. So you can omit it.

p.s. Please ignore whatever whoever says about the merits/demerits of your schematic, it's purely their own prejudice. YOU are building YOUR own amplifier, YOU decide if it sounds good or not.

All the best.
Thank you very much dear Shaan, i'll try to correct my ssa bjt as you suggest.
Old 10th November 2012, 11:29 AM   #3616
diyAudio Member

Quote:
PeeCeeBee with servo. As promised. A solder mask has been added. Hope I didn't miss anything.t

THANK YOU for sharing Shaan
Old 10th November 2012, 11:47 AM   #3617
diyAudio Member

Thankyou guys for all your suggestion and critics on my journey to experiment with my ssa bjt.
Old 10th November 2012, 12:45 PM   #3618
Jay is offline Jay  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperado View Post
As a example, Shaan has experienced CCS vs single resistance and shared with us very interesting listening impressions about that..
Yes, and I think we can trust Shaan listening skill...

Actually I have mentioned before Shaan's post about this, that I have preferred to omit the ccs (but with regulated supply) because it seems it takes something from the music.

On the other hand, THEORETICALLY, the resistor current source is not "stable" against the feedback current and this affect operating points in every places. MiiB for example, has "decided" that a current source is a must. There is also a mention that the ccs must be very fast, hence JFET and so on...
Old 10th November 2012, 03:25 PM   #3619
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Actually I have mentioned before Shaan's post about this, that I have preferred to omit the ccs (but with regulated supply) because it seems it takes something from the music.
May-be it was your comments i was referring too... Well, both of them...
Old 10th November 2012, 03:59 PM   #3620
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I have preferred to omit the ccs
Thinking to that, did-you had taken care for no overshoot on 20Khz square waves at various levels while you where experimenting CSS ?
Did-you set a low pass filter before input of the amp at this time?
Can-it be the little added distortion by less constant current have some nice effect on the amp signature ?

Hide this!Advertise here!