Simple Symetrical Amplifier - Page 347 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2012, 07:29 PM   #3461
diyAudio Member
 
Nico Ras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: East Coast of South Africa
I am sure someone has thought about it but what about 22 mosfet switches driving 22 little speakers on a baffle directly from binary output - everything is digital. 22 bits set 22 cones move forward, 2 bits set two cones move forward, etc.
__________________
Kindest regards
Nico
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2012, 07:39 PM   #3462
diyAudio Member
 
Esperado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico Ras View Post
I am sure someone has thought about it but what about 22 mosfet switches driving 22 little speakers on a baffle directly from binary output - everything is digital. 22 bits set 22 cones move forward, 2 bits set two cones move forward, etc.
:-) But i can't imagine that. Acoustic coupling between 2 speakers can lead to 0db output up to +6db at low frequencies comparing to one. (3db average)...
__________________
Ultimate Protection and more.The Only Source of Knowledge is experience, everything else is just information” ©A. Einstein
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 05:43 AM   #3463
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: USA,NorthCarolina
Film flopped or reversed,lettering scrapped off ~
Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0231.jpg (663.8 KB, 443 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 06:30 AM   #3464
diyAudio Member
 
Lazy Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Very good Cambe

New SSA will sing soon.
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 06:36 AM   #3465
naf is offline naf  Indonesia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Hi Shaan, any news of SSA Servo version?
i try to draw unused op amp pin like this, any suggest?
Attached Images
File Type: png SSA_SERVO_Naf_rev2.PNG (381.4 KB, 400 views)

Last edited by naf; 18th October 2012 at 06:52 AM. Reason: drawing correction
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 06:55 AM   #3466
naf is offline naf  Indonesia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambe View Post
Film flopped or reversed,lettering scrapped off ~
Thanks!
very good PCB artwork
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 07:32 AM   #3467
shaan is offline shaan  India
diyAudio Member
 
shaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Near the Ganges
Hi cambe. Very nice.

Hi naf. I'm out of home now and will be for the next two weeks, so no ssa for me now . The servo peeceebee artwork is almost ready, but have to do a final checking. I have also prepared a solder mask for clean soldering, a better silkscreen and minor changes from the shown example. Will be uploaded in first week of november. Thanks for your patience.

Btw, pin 3 of opamp goes to ground. Pin 2 and pin 1 are conected to each other only.

A friend here has built 4 pairs of SSA peeceebee. I wanted to grab a pair from him ASAP, but will have to wait two looong weeks now. Pity me.

It's festive season here... Taking a tour to the village where I was born 27 years ago. Right now typing through my cellphone from inside the plane. Yeppiii! Whoooshh...
__________________
The PeeCeeBee Thread
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 07:43 AM   #3468
naf is offline naf  Indonesia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaan View Post
Hi cambe. Very nice.

Hi naf. I'm out of home now and will be for the next two weeks, so no ssa for me now . The servo peeceebee artwork is almost ready, but have to do a final checking. I have also prepared a solder mask for clean soldering, a better silkscreen and minor changes from the shown example. Will be uploaded in first week of november. Thanks for your patience.

Btw, pin 3 of opamp goes to ground. Pin 2 and pin 1 are conected to each other only.

A friend here has built 4 pairs of SSA peeceebee. I wanted to grab a pair from him ASAP, but will have to wait two looong weeks now. Pity me.

It's festive season here... Taking a tour to the village where I was born 27 years ago. Right now typing through my cellphone from inside the plane. Yeppiii! Whoooshh...
Shaan, have a nice trip...
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 07:54 AM   #3469
shaan is offline shaan  India
diyAudio Member
 
shaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Near the Ganges
Thanks naf.
__________________
The PeeCeeBee Thread
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 09:42 AM   #3470
diyAudio Member
 
Esperado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: France
Quote:
Originally Posted by naf View Post
i try to draw unused op amp pin like this, any suggest?
And, may-be it would be good to add two 1nF film caps from OP amp power rails to ground for proper decoupling. TL 072 are quite stable, but some would like to use some other opamp they have as spare parts.
Attached Images
File Type: gif picibi.gif (208.2 KB, 539 views)
__________________
Ultimate Protection and more.The Only Source of Knowledge is experience, everything else is just information” ©A. Einstein

Last edited by Esperado; 18th October 2012 at 09:47 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Symetrical schematics are alike plague in Brazil, do you like them? destroyer X Solid State 151 1st July 2010 02:09 PM
Symetrical out low Zout karsten21 Tubes / Valves 5 1st February 2010 10:19 PM
going balanced/symetrical - what benefits? weissi Solid State 15 20th October 2007 08:06 AM
Symetrical field, is this? Raka Multi-Way 6 14th September 2003 01:21 PM
Non-symetrical SMPS output cm961 Parts 4 21st August 2003 10:27 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:15 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2